Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

37 Posts

July 27th, 2018 06:00

Custom query group issue

Bit of a problem if you do a query on device name and "does not contain". It excluded the BSAB* ones, but not the bsab* ones...

Capture.JPG

1K Posts

August 7th, 2018 03:00

Hi,

Thanks for your query. I tried creating a similar query in device tree and it worked for me seamlessly. Is there a specific page where you are seeing this problem?

This is the similar query i created:

( Device Sub-Type = iDRac ) AND ( Device Name does not contain N1 ) AND ( Device Name does not contain NL )

37 Posts

August 7th, 2018 05:00

Thanks Pupul for repsonse.

It happens in "Devices, All Devices". Interestingly, I have a separate query that INCLUDES only the bsab/BSAB devices, and it works fine.

I notice that you are excluding two different strings - in mine, it's the same string but only the upper/lowercase is diffferent. Perhaps that's a factor?

3 Posts

January 8th, 2019 12:00

Might there be any feature that could create a custom query group from a CSV file?

We would love to import the manifest file we get from Dell when we receive pallets of servers.

1K Posts

January 11th, 2019 08:00

Hi,

We will need more details on what exactly are you looking for. The custom queries that are created in OpenManage Enterprise are based on the objects that are present in the OME db. Are you saying there should be a way to create just a CSV file outside of the appliance and then import it back? 

1K Posts

January 11th, 2019 08:00

Hi Andy,

I have been trying to replicate this problem for a while now but strangely i could not hit it. May be there is something else as well present in your appliance which is causing this to happen. Since it has been a while, were you able to sort this out?

2 Posts

January 14th, 2019 11:00

Long story short..........I'm a Dell engineer.  Large customer purchases servers through a partner.  Partner delivers servers in various sized batches.  10, 15, 25, even 50 at a time, along with a CSV of service tag and iDRAC MAC address.  Guy who manages OME wishes to not have to type in service tags manually in order to keep track of which servers of which delivery are now racked and ready to use.  He wants to keep each delivery as a separate custom group.

Your thoughts?

Thanks much.

1K Posts

January 15th, 2019 08:00

So let me put it this way. If there was a way to import these servers for discovery using CSV file such that the CSV file had the service tag and IP address of the server. And then there can be a group created based on the discovery job. Would this help?

2 Posts

January 15th, 2019 09:00

Service Tag and/or MAC address of iDRAC. IP address may not yet be assigned.

3 Posts

January 16th, 2019 08:00

Possibly I don't fully understand how the flow is supposed to work, but the customer is asking to define the custom group first, then discover only that group.  Bear in mind that they have many hundreds of servers, with the amount growing monthly.

I told the guy yesterday that my observation is that when new servers arrive, their service tags are very similar, as in they may only differ by 1 or 2 characters.  I suggested that he look at the manifest file he's presented with upon delivery, then, as an example, create a query group where service tag begins with "FY" or "FZ", and that query should find what he's looking for at that moment.  Took me only about 1 minute to create a group in this fashion.

So I guess I'm saying the guy wants to create query groups by criteria ST-a OR ST-b OR ST-c, etc., etc.  And also to be able to group by criteria MAC-a OR MAC-b OR MAC-c, etc.  Not both service tag and MAC address together.

1K Posts

January 16th, 2019 08:00

I am curious to understand how will you want to import the Service Tag and MAC address without discovering the server? Or are you saying keep the two mutually exclusive? Irrespective of what is present in the db, there should be a way to create a group. Is that correct?

1K Posts

January 17th, 2019 12:00

Hi,

Thanks for explaining. So, the second part where you want to create query using ST or MAC should still be possible like you suggested already. For being able to create group without discovering also is possible, you can create dynamic queries and when the server gets discovered, it will get added.

I am still trying to understand how CSV plays a role here. Is it fair to say that you want to allow static group creation with X, Y and Z STs but you want to do it using a CSV?

3 Posts

January 17th, 2019 14:00

Answer is yes.  This is because the customer receives a CSV file from their DELL vendor partner.  Said file is an integral part of tracking deliveries and getting paid.  If/when the very same file can be imported into their OME instance, then everyone is VERY happy.

1K Posts

January 18th, 2019 08:00

Thanks for your response. I have passed on this request to the right guys to prioritize accordingly. Do let us know if you have more requests coming in.

No Events found!