Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MM

5 Posts

December 11th, 2018 00:00

Discovery of SNMP device (Dell ML3 Library)

Hello,

even there are some more posts regarding the discovery of SNMP capable devices in OME, I'd like to ask once more:
Is OME 3.0 not able to discover / inventory a ML3 Library?
I tried with different Settings in Discovery, Import the MIB files, but no luck.

All ended with:
Unable to perform the requested action because the device management endpoint authentication failed. 

Thanks,

Markus

1K Posts

December 11th, 2018 22:00

Hi,

Tape devices are not supported by OpenManage Enterprise. You can get the detailed list of supported devices here: 

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/openmanage-software-9.0.1/ome_techrelease_sm/supported-devices?guid=guid-258b466b-1a79-4356-a009-cd2732802833&lang=en-us

8 Posts

April 28th, 2021 02:00

hello

please I want to monitor powervault ML3 robot with SNMP, but I searched and I cannot find MIBs and OIDs?

Thanks 

hbib

• 

2.2K Posts

April 28th, 2021 05:00

Hello,

Unfortunately, ML3 library is not included on the supported devices list for OME 3.5 updated version. You can check it here https://dell.to/3tZFja9 I did research if there is a workaround for tape library devices but I couldn't find any method. 

Hope this will helps!

2.9K Posts

April 28th, 2021 08:00

Hello,

We do not have an OID or MIB pack for the ML3 unit. You can still set up SNMP traps and perform an SNMP walk, but there is not an existing resource pack we could provide to you.

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

September 13th, 2021 18:00

Is there any official word from DELL as to whether OME will eventually support this? Seems a bit odd that non-DELL servers are supported, yet DELL branded tape libraries are not.

For me the real power of OME is in having a complete view of my infrastructure, including tape systems, their health and firmware status.

Cheers,

Ben

• 

3.1K Posts

September 13th, 2021 23:00

Hello @benloveday,

I'm Joey from the social support in this community. I understand your point of view and opinion. Appreciate it. 

I'll put the word in about wider range support on OME. Might not promise that it could be done soon by next releases. 

Keep in touch.

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

September 15th, 2021 15:00

Thanks Joey, appreciate the reply mate! I think OME has some fantastic potential but just needs to be a bit broader in it's support for DELLs own enterprise hardware.

Cheers,

Ben

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

March 1st, 2022 22:00

The MIB can be downloaded when you login into your ML3 and go to " Settings > Notifications > SNMP" and in the upper middle there is a button.

Unfortunately the ML3 which is again based on IBM Total-Storage doesnt support SNMPGET 161 anymore compared to TL2000/4000. Only SNMP TRAPs are supportet!

This is not how we monitored our devices

Regards,
Joerg

No Events found!