Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

11 Posts

May 25th, 2020 05:00

Field Service Debug Mode -- where to send dat.ini file

Hello there!

I’ve been trying to remove a missing discovery task … impossible. Got CJOB4042 error messages and cannot get ride of this failed task in the task list (even doesn’t exist in discovery list).

So I’m trying to debug and get RootShell access. So now I got my fresh generated dat.ini file to unlock FSD but it is impossible to find a way to send it to Dell EMC support to git it signed. Where is it possible to create that kind of request?

I tried to reach support, but could not get online support. Portal mentions a serial number I don't have and only phone call link. Sadly and documentation only tell to get signed dat.ini file, then …

Could I get some clue here please so I can get shell access to follow up troubleshoot?

Thanks!

11 Posts

June 24th, 2020 04:00

Still the same issue after update to version 3.4.0 (Build 55)

• 

3.4K Posts

June 24th, 2020 05:00

Hello,

i'm sorry about your issue.

Did you already contacted phone or online techsupport for this?

Do you have a service tag? Can you send me in private?

Also could you tell me what exactly you are trying to achieve? Just resolve the task error, or there are other problem?
Thanks
Marco

11 Posts

June 24th, 2020 05:00

Hello,
Thanks… I could not easily contact and get an answer from the support about OME. Said I must get someone on the phone. And since I can't (online help unavailable btw) and cannot access directly to the console to track this error… I have no solution.
What I am trying to do is to remove a task in the list that doesn't belong to anything anymore. That's what it looks like since there's nothing about it in the discovery part. It is not critical but it is annoying to have this residual task that cannot be removed (since it's a discovery task) without any source link besides in the discovery panel.
I have no particular service tag to be associating with.

Capture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 14.42.29.pngCapture d’écran 2020-06-24 à 14.42.40.png

I was then trying to gain access to the console with a key that I don't know where to send to be signed…

Regards

• 

3.4K Posts

June 24th, 2020 06:00

Send it to me via private message if possible.
Thanks

• 

3.4K Posts

June 24th, 2020 06:00

Hello,

we can escalate to our Software Support Technician team, but we need a service tag with a PRO support warranty.

Please can you check for a service tag for a server in your IT?
Thanks
Marco

11 Posts

June 24th, 2020 23:00

Hi Marco,

Yeah… that's also what I got as answer. It rings a bell, now.

Unfortunately, all PRO support warranty we had on PowerEdge has expired at this day.

But still, I don't understand why OME appliance should be supported by a PRO support warranty on one or more servers  anyway…

I'll have no solution for this, I guess.

BTW, debugging and getting RootShell access needs to have that kind of support too ?

Thx

• 

3.4K Posts

June 25th, 2020 00:00

Based on the screenshot it appears that this could be an orphaned task that would require a manual edit of the database to clear.

Further research found other jobs that end up in this similar state but not on discovery tasks. A log bundle would help in identifying the cause and resolution to this. These logs can be gathered by selecting the following, Audit Logs > Export Console Logs. This will take approx. 10-15 minutes and is 1.5GB but has all of the needed logs as well as a copy of the appliance. This will allow us to investigate the stuck task and how to clear.

Alternately, based on the small amount of jobs seen in the screenshot, this could be a small footprint (1-8 devices) and a redeploy may be the fastest resolution.

Thanks

Marco

No Events found!