Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 17th, 2018 08:00

Firmware Update Failing - Catalog Issue?

I used the OME in January to patch a PE R720.  I was trying to update the same server's BIOS and iDRAC from the Dell.com default catalog and get the "Task Failed. Execution has completed" message in for the Job status with no other information.  

I tried pointing to the downloads.dell.com/catalog/Catalog.xml.gz and downloads.dell.com/catalog/Catalog.cab which both also show up and show my server as out of compliance and then fail with the same error.

I have the proxy set fine.

Is there a way to turn on a more verbose logging level or some other trick to get it to work?

Nothing has changed with my network since January when it worked before.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

May 17th, 2018 13:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

The logging info is minimal and we are looking to expand it in next release.  For now, there may be a few details if you go to Monitor | Jobs and keep clicking into the task to view the task history details.  Not all jobs have this info, and I can't immediately recall if update does.

Other times, people find that clearing the iDRAC job queue can help with the successful completion of the firmware update jobs.  

Thanks,

Rob

5 Posts

May 24th, 2018 10:00

Thanks for the reply Rob.  

Clicking on the Job details got me no further information.  I tried clearing the iDRAC queue on the server out, rebooting the server, rebooting the OME appliance.  No luck.  

I used the links from the firmware page of the server on OME to manually download the patches and install them.  After they were installed an inventory update did show them as patched and the server as being compliant with the set baseline.

No Events found!