Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

83 Posts

November 12th, 2019 08:00

Firmware Updates Failing

I just updated to 3.3 and now my Firmware updates are failing. I'm not sure if its a bug or a configuration problem, but i get these two errors all the time now.

Error while initiating the firmware task for the device
Task Failed. Completed With Errors.

Running
Processing the DUP downloads
This may take sometime
Downloading and verifying the update package(s)
Checking package content and validating
Package(s) download operation failed.
Completed

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

November 14th, 2019 12:00

As part of multihoming support, OME 3.3 resolves FQDN name to IP address for downloading the catalog and updates from downloads.dell.com. The load balancer blocks the direct access to the servers using IP addresses outside of Dell networks. If you are not using a proxy and are using Dell online update method, you go through this path which results in failure to download the catalog and updates.

If you are using Dell Repository Manager and importing the catalog/repository generated by Repository Manager can continue to use the same.

You can open a support ticket if you encounter the issue. We are working on releasing a general availability patch at the earliest.

Regards

Abhijit

#IWork4Dell

• 

8.4K Posts

November 18th, 2019 08:00

Hello everyone,

An issue has been identified where the download URLs are being built with the IP addresses of the external load balancers of downloads.dell.com. This causes downloads from this location to fail.

We are aware of the issue, and a hotfix will be available shortly (version 3.3.1). In the meantime OpenManage Enterprise 3.3 has been removed from our eSupport site, and the online update at downloads.dell.com/openmanage_enterprise has been reverted back to 3.2.1.

14 Posts

November 12th, 2019 08:00

Same errors for me, really not a good look if they pushed out something without testing fully.

2 Posts

November 12th, 2019 09:00

Same here, after upgrade to OME 3.3 all firmware updates for all models are failing 100% of the time.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

November 12th, 2019 12:00

We had seen some errors in EMEA region where the Google public DNS seems to have stale entries. Is it possible for you to point to another DNS server? We haven't seen this in other regions. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you can open the support ticket so additional information can be gathered.

Regards

Abhijit

3 Posts

November 13th, 2019 05:00

Same here, own DNS-Servers which works fine.

Can open https://downloads.dell.com/catalog/ from every computer at same network but from OMSA not.

DELL  fehlgeschlagen  Dell Online  downloads.dell.com/catalog/catalog.gz  catalog.xml

1 Message

November 13th, 2019 06:00

Can confirm, we were having the same issue. Reverted to a backup of 3.2.1 and updates are running normally again.

7 Posts

November 14th, 2019 05:00

I can confirm too, we were having the same issue. Reverted backup to 3.2.1 and updates are running normally again.

14 Posts

November 14th, 2019 08:00

I called into dell, this is a known bug

1) roll back to prior version

2) create local repository

3) wait til fixed

The issue I was told is it's trying to get to the catalog by IP not FQDN and their load balancers are not allowing it through.

2 Posts

November 15th, 2019 09:00

ah thank you for the explanation, Abhijit. 

Using a proxy for outgoing connections also "fixed" the issue.

3 Posts

November 18th, 2019 23:00

I've got the same problem here with 3.3

Hoping for a fix soon.

2 Posts

November 27th, 2019 02:00

do you have some news about the fix ?

best regards 

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2019 02:00

No updates ;(

1 Message

December 2nd, 2019 12:00

I do see 3.3.1 is available on the support site for download.

Has anyone seen an update file for this?

3 Posts

December 9th, 2019 02:00

The update is available in the console.

No Events found!