Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

4 Posts

February 5th, 2019 01:00

Global Health Task locks root account on ESXi

I've just installed OME 3.1 as a VA and entered the IP's of the OOBM (iDRAC) on my new PE14 servers.

Now I noticed that OME is discovering the OS through the OOBM (which is okay i guess) but once every hour it hammers the ESXi host with login attempts using the root account. Since I haven't given any ESXi credentials to OME it just keep trying until it's locked out.

I tried to see if I could set the credentials somewhere but can't find it. Then I tried to add the ESXi host IP's to the global exclude, but it still tries to connect.

Is this a bug or feature?

1K Posts

February 6th, 2019 21:00

Hi,

Have you provided an entire IP range or individual IP addresses for discovery? If you have provided a range, then appliance will try to connect to all the IPs in the range using the credentials provided for discovery. If you don't want that to happen, you can remove this IP range from discovery or add it to exclude range.

Since you have already tried exclude, could you please check if the added IP address is showing in exclude range.

4 Posts

February 8th, 2019 03:00

I have checked the discovery jobs, and it seems that the host may have been included at one point.

But I only have the OOBM (iDRAC) ip listet under devices, so I don't know how to remove them if they are in the system. The global exclude does not seem to have an impact on the global health task.

I also removed all discovery jobs, but no change.

1 Message

August 13th, 2019 11:00

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I've verified the credentials are correct for the discover job but ever hour the root account gets locked.  Ever find a solution?

September 24th, 2019 02:00

I am having same issue. I have deleted all discovery tasks but i think the issue is being caused by the default health check poll which has a default interval of 10 mins. 

September 24th, 2019 05:00

Update:

I deleted the discovery jobs and re-booted the appliance. No errors for half an hour.

No Events found!