Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2018 22:00

I created a firmware group. I'm getting compliance alerts, where is that configured?

I created a few firmware groups, i.e. fc630, r820, of servers of the same type.  Where is the audit task for these groups.  I'm getting alerts but don't understand how the task to audit these groups got created. Because I didn't create them. I'd like to adjust the frequency.

cap2.PNG

2.8K Posts

March 28th, 2018 07:00

Hi there.

I am pretty sure we check compliance whenever the device inventory is refreshed.  There is a default inventory task and it runs once per day I think.  You cannot adjust that frequency.  But you should be able to disable the default inv task and create a new one with a different schedule.  Maybe that will help.

Thanks,

Rob

6 Posts

September 26th, 2018 18:00

Just checking if there is any improvement for this in v3?

I'm happy to perform inventory, but i don't want to get the compliance alerts for firmware issues and it doesn't look like this alert can be disable even in v3.

Just putting in a feature request if its still not available.

2.8K Posts

October 1st, 2018 07:00

Ok, I double checked but it does not look like this behavior changed from the first release.

I'll pass word along to the right folks.  It looks like you would like an option to quiet the firmware compliance alerts, yes?

Thanks,

Rob

6 Posts

October 1st, 2018 20:00

Yes, essentially this.

We have a fairly lengthy change compliance process, so by the time a firmware change gets approved internally to roll out to prod, we have 100's of alerts for device compliance. This means we generally just ignore all OpenManage alerts.

It would be good to be able to not generate these specific alerts (but still obviously inventory the hosts, etc so we know which ones to update).

Thanks.

No Events found!