Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 23rd, 2018 00:00

Lifecycle Controller firmware update : task fail

Hello,

I have just install the new release OME Enterprise, all my devices are discovered except powervault md :( 

I'm trying to update firmwares on a R730, I launch the job and two minutes after I have a message : Task Failed. Execution has completed.

Where can I find any log more verbose ? 

2.8K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 08:00

Hi and thanks for the post.  I'll definitely pass along the request for MD support.

For the update failure, sometimes, you can go to Monitor | Jobs and dig into the task execution details to get more messaging.  Not sure if that will help in this case, but worth a try.

Thanks,

Rob

9 Posts

January 24th, 2018 04:00

Hi.

We are facing the same issue. Clean install of Openmanage Enterprise and 3 brand new PowerEdge R730xd. We are not able to apply any firmware upgrades to any of these. No detailed error messages. Just "Update Failed"

OME is placed on the same network as the iDrac for testing and still same issue.

Regards 

1 Message

February 14th, 2018 07:00

I am having the same issue also....more verbose logging is critical here.

2.8K Posts

February 14th, 2018 07:00

Thanks.  I'll pass the word on to the right team so we can provide more logging for firmware update.

I know that sometimes, it helps to clear the Job Queue on the iDRACs prior to pushing the fw updates.  Also, ultimately the iDRACs need to have network access to the Enterprise appliance IP since the updates are on an internal NFS share on the appliance.

Else, we may need to get a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rob

--

I'll put the support phone number here, but I need to enter it in a goofy format since this forum software strips out a lot of numbers.

8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5

8 Posts

February 15th, 2018 05:00

I've the same problem with OME via KVM. All firmware update attempt fails. I was able to upgrade only the BIOS.

2.8K Posts

February 15th, 2018 12:00

Ok, thanks @morellik

Good if you can call the number in the above post so the support folks can get a closer look.

Regards,

Rob

8 Posts

February 16th, 2018 02:00

@DELL-Rob C wrote:

Ok, thanks @morellik

Good if you can call the number in the above post so the support folks can get a closer look.

Regards,

Rob

Can I call from Italy?

8 Posts

February 20th, 2018 07:00

Has someone found a solution to upgrade the firmware?

2.8K Posts

February 20th, 2018 09:00

Hi @morellik

I think there should be a Europe or Italy support number for PowerEdge server support.  If you can't find it, maybe the US based folks can direct you to the right number.

There have been customers that have needed to adjust their permissions settings on their Windows share if they are using a network/custom catalog (per the FAQ).

You might try patching a single iDRAC first just to make sure things are set up correctly.  We often find that people need to clear their iDRAC job queue in order to successfully update.  Also the catalog and DUPs are downloaded to an NFS share internal to the OM Ent appliance.  So the iDRAC needs to be able to access that.

But try the support line if all else fails.

Thanks!

Rob

No Events found!