Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

15 Posts

October 8th, 2018 16:00

Lifecycle/deployment environment management

Can't see a way to manage dev/preprod/prod environments within OME.

It'll only let you have 1 dell online catalog, which I assume is always the latest (or is it at time of creation? Can't find that info).

What's the best way to do this? Preferably I'd like to avoid any windows applications (like repository manager).

1K Posts

October 9th, 2018 22:00

Hi,

If you mean to ask that you want to bifurcate your environment into multiple sections for discovery, then you can create distinct groups in the devices page based on your environment. May be on the basis of IP address or any other exclusive factor that separates your environment.

For firmware update, you can download one online catalog and create multiple firmware baselines using that. From the "Catalog Management" page, Add a catalog. Once that catalog is added, then from the Firmware page, create as many baselines as you need. If you have a lot of servers, then it is recommended that you don't add more than 800 servers per baseline.

The catalog which is added from downloads.dell.com is latest at the time of download. It does not refresh automatically. When you need to change the catalog from same source, delete the existing one and create the new one. Hope this helps.

October 10th, 2018 14:00

Thanks Pupul, that helps a bit.

I should've been clearer in my original post - my requirement is to have a staggered patch rollout - dev gets patched month 1, pre-prod 2 months later, and 1 month after that prod gets patched on that baseline, and dev gets patched with the latest (3 month release cycle).

Being able to only have 1 online catalog means I can only ever have 1 baseline version (when the catalog is downloaded) because in order to download the latest catalog, I have to delete all the baselines using it and then delete the existing online catalog. So while that is workable, I'd rather not have all my non-dev servers showing as non-compliant for 2 months.

No Events found!