Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2020 12:00

Migrate Open Manage Enterprise to new server

Is there anyway to export the config and reload it on a new appliance? 

March 3rd, 2020 05:00

I need to go from Hyper-V to KVM so a snapshot won't do the trick. There really isn't a way to export a config from it? That's quite bad for an enterprise product... 

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

March 3rd, 2020 05:00

Hello random_guy,

As far as I know and per the information on User Guide documentation for OpenManage Enterprise version 3.0, the best option is to take a VM snapshot as there is not a export config functionality included.

Regards.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

March 3rd, 2020 06:00

I understand that this may not suit your needs.. but I am afraid the option you need is not yet available. 

I know it's on the roadmap but yet is not deployed. Maybe in the future they will include this functionality.

Regars.

7 Posts

April 14th, 2021 07:00

Any updates / news in this?

I also need to export / move the settings to a new OpenManage server (snapshot will not do the trick)

Running OME 3.5

Regards

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

April 14th, 2021 07:00

Hello again @mb_sweden,

Good to see you back!

I will ask OME system engineers team about it and let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Regards.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

April 16th, 2021 07:00

Hello again @mb_sweden,

I have not an answer yet. But as soon as I have it I will come back and let you know.

Regards.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

April 20th, 2021 06:00

Hello again @mb_sweden,

Apologies for the delay on responding.

I have an answer from the System Engineers team, I was advised that there is no way to export the configuration currently. You would need to manually setup a new appliance if you are not able to create a snapshot of the VM.

Maybe in the future that will be added, but it is not available at the moment. No concise plans of development for the moment.

Sorry for not being able to offer you a better solution.
Regards.

7 Posts

April 20th, 2021 10:00

Hi Diego

No worries, but I think an "export-settings" should be included in the appliance rather soon. I can do snapshot of the OME, but in this case, I have 4 (four) OME´s running at our sites and one of them cannot keep the SNMP credentials for "incoming Alerts" - Every day it´s reverted back to public. The other three are OK.

So, a snapshot will not help bringing up a replacement OME - and to manually set all configuration is not the best solution.

Second, when we expand with new sites, it´s easier to just have a copy of our custom settings (maybe be able to change the config too) before importing it to a new OME. Then you can automate things in a better way!

Anyway, thanks for your help asking about this feature.

Regards

Mats

No Events found!