Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

33 Posts

November 9th, 2018 02:00

Missing function & improvment

Hi,

We migrate our old OM Essential to Enterprise since the 3.0.0 release and it's quite a good job ! Gratz !
Could you give us an update for the next improvements ?
At this point, in my production view, those functions are missing or need an update to be fully useful :

* Warranties : still empty at this point.

* Massive selection : why not adding a double checkbox or something similar for group selection ? The 25 items selection is absolutely not usable when you have more than 500+ servers.

* Repository : can't it be possible to add an intern repository for selectables firmwares ? It's very annoying to create a catalog then, download my package for each upgrade i do on each servers.

* task export : is there any way to export all the devices results after a task ? when i ask for a racadm command for a huge amount of servers, i have to read each results.. Could you turn back on the creation of a .txt file with all the results compiled ?

I don't see any points at this moment but i will update my post if/when i find something more..

And, despite those remarks, your new version of OME is really a great & useful update ! Keep going !
regards.

1K Posts

November 11th, 2018 22:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post. We are excited that you loved the product. Please keep these requests flowing in. We are surely working towards making the product better for your usage.

For the specific questions:

* Warranties : still empty at this point.

Do you have internet connectivity from your appliance? OpenManage Enterprise needs access to dell site to fetch warranty details.

* Massive selection : why not adding a double checkbox or something similar for group selection ? The 25 items selection is absolutely not usable when you have more than 500+ servers.

We are working towards making this better. I will pass this request so that it can be accordingly prioritized.

* Repository : can't it be possible to add an intern repository for selectables firmwares ? It's very annoying to create a catalog then, download my package for each upgrade i do on each servers.

You can create a local repository using Dell Repository Manager for the components you want to update and then point your appliance to this repository. There are different share types supported. You can choose from the list which shows up in firmware update page. 

* task export : is there any way to export all the devices results after a task ? when i ask for a racadm command for a huge amount of servers, i have to read each results.. Could you turn back on the creation of a .txt file with all the results compiled ?

I don't think it is possible to export the device results. I will pass on this request.

33 Posts

December 3rd, 2018 08:00

Hello Pupul & Team.

I see today that you've patched the Warranty module.
Thanks ! it works fine (or almost, i missed some infos like client number, command number or provider number).
As i continue to use OME as my main production tool, i think you should consider some other points.

* TABS : how can i manage 500+ server with just ONE window ? ho yeah, i can came back "home" each time before doing anything, or i can duplicate my tab, and make another session ..but seriously ? in 2019 ?

* Location : Why are there 5 fields in Idrac and OME use only 3 of them ? Aisle / DataCenter / Rack..
What's happen to rack.slot & roomname fqdd ?

* Floating Menu in "All Devices" : When you have a lots of groups (customs & queries), if you right-clicked in the last element, the menu opens in the bottom on the page, and some choices are missing (cf. screen).
I have to reduce all my groups in order to have all my right-click options accessible.
(I'm ok it's for my very personal use, but i think we are a few in this room to use this kind of multiple groups)

ome.jpg

Finally, if you can, could you tell us when Dell plan to make the first big update of OME ?
As usual, Thanks again for your time and answers.
regards.

1K Posts

December 6th, 2018 02:00

Thanks again for your candid comments. I will make sure to pass this on. I don't have a date which i can commit to you right now, but a small one should be soon.

33 Posts

December 19th, 2018 00:00

Hello Team !

Just a little question :
I've seen OME 3.1 is out and available on separate download & install.
Does the built-in update function of OME 3.0 is working or should i have to make a new install ?
I've tried a manual online update but it seems not working at this time.
Does you know if the buit-in auto/manual update should works in a few weeks ?

1K Posts

December 21st, 2018 22:00

The update feature of OpenManage Enteprise should be working fine. You don't need to perform a new install. If it is not working for you, we may need a bit more details here. 

No Events found!