Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 6th, 2018 13:00

OME - troubleshoot unable to ping

Hello,

I have installed the VMware appliance and have been running it for about 2 weeks. It is no longer responding to pings. I have rebooted it, tried using another IP, and vmotioned to another ESX host.  I suppose I need to redeploy and reconfigure all the discovery settings again.  

Any ideas?

2.8K Posts

February 8th, 2018 11:00

Guy, I've not seen this.

If you go into the TUI (text user interface) does it report the IP address you are expecting in the Appliance Status?

Thx

Rob

February 14th, 2018 07:00

Hi Rob,

Yes, the IP reports correctly.

Thanks.

2.8K Posts

February 14th, 2018 07:00

Guy,

This is a puzzle...I've not seen this behavior. It would be great if you could open a ticket so we can take a closer look at the system.  It's surprising that even after a vmotion and/or reboot it is still not pingable. 

Thanks,

Rob

--

Thanks.  I'll pass the word on to the right team so we can provide more logging for firmware update.

I know that sometimes, it helps to clear the Job Queue on the iDRACs prior to pushing the fw updates.  Also, ultimately the iDRACs need to have network access to the Enterprise appliance IP since the updates are on an internal NFS share on the appliance.

Else, we may need to get a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rob

--

I'll put the Dell support phone number here, but I need to enter it in a goofy format since this forum software strips out a lot of numbers.

8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5

No Events found!