Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2020 02:00

OpenManage Enterprise REST API - Any method to add a static group to a baseline?

Hi All

I am fairly new to the OME API stuff, but i am learning.

I wonder if there is any way to add a static group to a baseline using the REST API.

I looked in the documentation but i could only find a POST method for baselines to create a new baseline.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you!

• 

8.8K Posts

January 23rd, 2020 07:00

Andi1234567,

It does not appear like editing the baselines is supported. It only looks to support creating them from scratch with the POST method.

Hope this helps.

January 27th, 2020 06:00

Yeah, i figured that out in the end.
So the only solution is to created a per device baseline and delete it after remediation.

Seems the API is somewhat limited. Not all the actions that can be performed via GUI can be performed via API - which is pretty bad.

Thank you!

March 16th, 2020 08:00

DELL-Chris H,

Will adding servers to an existing firmware baseline via API be supported in the future?

It would be a much simpler solution to just add the new target to the baseline, than to have to create a new baseline, update the server, delete the new baseline and then add the server to a group that is already a target of the first baseline. I'd much rather just GET the baseline and then PATCH in the new target.

Thanks, 

Joey

No Events found!