Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

6 Posts

December 20th, 2019 15:00

OpenManage Modular API apply VLANs to Template

Working with 100s of VLANs and deploying them to MX7000 in SFM.

Scripted VLAN creation and attaching them to uplinks is sorted. The only issue now is applying them to a template.

API Guide https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/ome_omem_apiguide_en-us.pdf

Page 175 has the uri that will be used /api/TemplateService/Actions/TemplateService.UpdateNetworkConfig

Only issue is working out what ComponentId refers too, under VlanAttributes. 

The guide provides no details for this example - actually to most of the examples.

Wondering if someone has an idea?

May 11th, 2020 05:00

I am also unable to locate ComponetID and a list of current VLANs assigned to a template.

Even if I manually populate the json payload with /api/TemplateService/Actions/TemplateService.UpdateNetworkConfig. I get "Verify the identified property is valid in the message and retry the operation with valid payload".

This is very frustating!

May 11th, 2020 06:00

I capture the POST request using Firefox, and use that json payload for my json body request. I just get back invalid templateid.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

May 11th, 2020 08:00

Linked is the OpenManage Enterprise Modular edition API guide. Hopefully, that'll be of use to you with this.Using the API isn't something I've done before.

https://dell.to/35OYHvn

1 Message

June 16th, 2020 14:00

I have same issue with "VlanAttributes" and componentId. Any luck with to resolve this?

• 

3.4K Posts

June 16th, 2020 22:00

Hi,

The componentID in OMEnt is referring to device ID, in this case if it's in "VlanAttributes" then it's network device ID.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

November 24th, 2020 07:00

I have finally found it! Replace "26" with the template ID you are modifying.

/api/TemplateService/Templates(26)/Views(1)/AttributeViewDetails

AttributeGroups.SubAttributeGroups.GroupNameId

2.PNG

No Events found!