Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 8th, 2018 12:00

Price of OpenManage Enterprise

Typically, in naming convenetions, Essentials == free and Enterprise == costs money.  Will OpenManage Enterprise be free or cost money when it releases? If it is the latter, what is the anticipated pricing?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 14th, 2018 07:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

The license scheme for Enterprise will be the same as Essentials.  That is, the monitor and f/w update features are free. The server configuration features are fee based.  It will, in fact, use the same iDRAC Systems Mgt license that Essentials uses.  So no big change here.

Thanks,

Rob

1 Rookie

• 

101 Posts

March 19th, 2018 07:00

Cool!  Thanks.

May 30th, 2018 05:00

Hello

Can you tell me what the server configuration feature includes.
I have currently installed the dell open manage enterprise but can't find anything like that to indicate it.

thank you very much
mandragora

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

May 30th, 2018 06:00

Hi there,

I think the upsell features are mostly contained under the Configuration | Deploy and Configuration | Compliance menu options.  These allow you to extract a 'golden' configuration template from your 'good' reference server and push it out to other servers in order to configure in the same manner.  Then you can also declare a special template for compliance setting and the baseline will alert you if a server drift from these settings.  There might be a brief tech sheet on this feature on www.delltechcenter.com/oment.

Regards,

Rob

June 4th, 2018 07:00

Hello

I'm not sure we need these features yet. Can I now use the "free" features and if I decide to upgrade the features after all?
I can't find an area where I can activate the "affordable" features or enter a license key.
Does that even exist? Currently I have installed version 1.0.0 (Build 543)

thank you very much

mandragora

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

June 4th, 2018 07:00

Yes, you can do that, no problem.

That is the latest version.

Most of the features are free and will allow you to monitor and update your servers.  So give it a try.

The license key does not go into OMEnt itself, but rather is driven from the license you have on your iDRACs.

The license SKUs are listed on www.delltechcenter.ome .  This is the previous generation product, but it uses the same license.

Thanks,

Rob

June 5th, 2018 00:00

Well, that means the tool itself has no license and depending on which license is stored on the iDrac, it can then do more or less with this particular server.
that means I can also mix devices and if I have 20 servers with the better iDrac license, then I can do great things with the 20 servers and not with all other 100 servers - correct? Does everything work in the same installation?

thx
mandragora

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

June 5th, 2018 06:00

Your statements are correct.

If some of your iDRACs have the OME license, you can do these additional configuration options on the servers.  You can mix and match licensed and unlicensed iDRACs in the same OME installation.

Thanks,

Rob

1 Rookie

• 

35 Posts

August 16th, 2018 09:00

Rob,

Could you fix the link to the License SKUs.  www.delltechcenter.ome and even assumingly corrected www.delltechcenter.com/ome/ will not work.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

August 17th, 2018 13:00

Yes, sorry, I think they may be migrating some of that stuff.

Not sure if this is still current, but here is some old text that likely applies. 

--

License Info:
Licensing OpenManage Essentials “Server Configuration Management”: OpenManage Essentials (OME) is available as a free software download. The download of OpenManage Essentials software also includes the opportunity to download and activate Dell SupportAssist services. In addition, Dell offers fee-based “Server Configuration Management” licenses that enable template–based deployment and configuration of bare-metal PowerEdge servers, detection of server configuration drift, virtual IO management. and state-less computing, among several additional management capabilities. “Server Configuration Management” licenses are available at both POS (Point-Of-Sale) with a server purchase and APOS (After-Point-Of-Sale) for 12G & 13G PowerEdge servers. License SKUS for OpenManage Essentials “Server Configuration Management” are as follows:

POS: 634-BBWU
APOS: 634-BBWT
For additional information, please contact a Dell Sales Representative.

No Events found!