Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 1st, 2019 01:00

Problem adding a firmware katalog

Hi,

I tried to add a firmware katalog (using dell.com), but I get this error all the time:

"Running

Repository creation failed. Please provide valid credentials and/or repository path.

Task Failed. Completed With Errors"

• Network should be no problem, nothing gets blocked
  • I have the Administrator role
  • I use dell.com as source. So I cannot add a path or some credentials. (Only a name for the katalog)

Do I have to create a repository in advance, or why am I getting this when using dell.com.

Maybe someone can help. I'm not sure if I can open a case for this, since it has no Service-Tag.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Kevin

5 Posts

February 6th, 2019 23:00

Hi,

we will raise a support ticket, thank you.

Regards

Kevin

Edit: 

I've made a complete new installation (New Download and new VM) and now it works (same policies).

The applience worked normally and we had no other problems...

1K Posts

February 1st, 2019 05:00

Hi, For downloading catalog from dell.com your appliance should be able to access internet. If there is a proxy required, you will need to configure proxy on the appliance. And make sure that all the necessary ports are open. The details of ports can be found from: https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/dell-openmanage-enterprise-tech-release/ome_techrelease_ug/supported-protocols-and-ports-on-management-stations?guid=guid-3226ec7a-8854-4f3d-be3a-3f3b6fcdbb08〈=en-us

5 Posts

February 1st, 2019 05:00

Hi Pupul, thanks for the reply. The appliance has full access to the internet and no proxy is required. We're testing with an "allow all" policy, to exclude possible network restrictions.

This is why I opened this Thread. Nothing gets blocked by a firewall and there are no restrictions. But still it fails with the mentioned error message....

Regards Kevin

1K Posts

February 3rd, 2019 22:00

Hi,

If the appliance has access to internet and no proxy is involved, ideally there should not be any problem. Have you tried restarting the appliance? If not, i will suggest you to try that.

Also, to be double sure whether the catalog link is accessible from your network, could you try accessing the link mentioned for catalog in appliance from another system in the same network!

5 Posts

February 4th, 2019 00:00

Hi,

we've restarted the application several times, but it didn't help.

I'm following the steps of the User Guide (Page 41) "Create a firmware catalog by using Dell.com".

I can only select the option and click finish. There is no textbox to enter a link.

This is the step that fails all the time with the mentioned message/error.

Regards

1K Posts

February 5th, 2019 05:00

I am running out of ideas here. I'll have to ask you to raise a support ticket to see what is going wrong. It might be something to do with a specific type of environment.

The number to be used is 8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5. I have put in this format so that it does not get pulled out from the post. 

No Events found!