Unsolved

S

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

January 12th, 2022 08:00

Struggling to Offline Update OME from 3.8.0 to 3.8.2

Hello,

I have the offline process setup and the NFS share connects succesfully but when I run updates it finds nothing. You can see my file structure below:

Base Directory:

1.PNG

Inside 3.8.2 Folder:

2.PNG

Inside full folder:

3.PNG

I have hit a wall with this.... Please help 

• 

2.4K Posts

January 13th, 2022 01:00

Hello,
There may be something you may have overlooked, can you try again, and I also want to share a pdf file that I think will help. https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/dell-openmanage-enterprise-v321_white-papers10_en-us.pdf 

• Update from an internal network share
    1. Download the OME 3.8.2 full update file and save on a network share preserving the same folder structure that can be accessed by the console.
    2. Select Manual and Offline.
    3. Enter the local path information where the downloaded files are saved, and then click Check Now. Example paths: nfs://IP Address/Folder_Name (only supported from OME 3.1), http://IP Address/Folder_Name, https://IP Address/Folder_Name. The available update version with a brief description of the new features is displayed.
    4. To validate a connection to the catalog click Test now. If the connection to the catalog is established, a Connection Successful message is displayed. If the connection to the shared address or the catalog file path is not established, Connection to path failed error message is displayed. This step is optional.
    5. Click Update, and perform an update.
After the appliance is updated: (1) Clear the browser cache. Not clearing the browser cache, may cause failure of new tasks post update. (2) Post update, the discovery task will run in the background and you can see the progress occasionally.

Hope that helps!

1 Rookie

• 

16 Posts

January 14th, 2022 06:00

I cannot get this to work, will not find the update. I have followed all steps. I get the following errors when I try to find the new update:

Jan 14, 2022 8:22:09 AM
CAPP1315
Configuration
The status of downloading the Plugin Catalog is Failed.

CAPP1319
Configuration
Unable to retrieve the source file of type Plugin Catalog because the file is not accessible.

CAPP1122
Configuration
Unable to retrieve appliance update information.

• 

2.4K Posts

January 14th, 2022 07:00

Hi, sorry to hear that. Thanks for the detailed information. Somehow the upgrade is not triggered. For this issue, I cannot identify what causes it on that appliance. Unfortunately, we're not talking about a general issue here. I think might be your appliance will need FSD enabled and then your debug logs collected, possibly deepening investigation and needing a remote connection. Therefore, my advice to you would be to access your local support and connect to OpenManage group will assist directly.

1 Message

March 2nd, 2022 11:00

I have been struggling with this very issue for almost two days now. I'm upgrading from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3. My share directory is just fine along with the folder structure. It matches exactly the document provided and it will not recognize the update file. The OME software should only need to recognize the file name with tar.gz in it and go from there. It should not be difficult to update your software. Has there been any progress on this issue?

• 

3.7K Posts

March 2nd, 2022 13:00

Hello lssisle,

If you're doing an Offline update and looked over the information Erman provided, you may also want to review this tutorial and check you are doing the same.

OpenManage Enterprise Offline Console Updates : https://dell.to/3CfKxnd

*Check that the  network share preserves the same folder structure and files

/

/LexingtonUpdates.xml

/LexingtonUpdates.xml.asc

/<3.8.3>

/LexingtonUpdates.xml

/LexingtonUpdates.xml.asc

/

/omenterprise_3.8.3.tar.gz

What are the errors you get when you try to perform the upgrade?

14 Posts

March 3rd, 2022 03:00

I'd suggest cutting your losses and just logging a call with Dell to get it resolved.

It might be a known software bug that hasn't been published.

1 Message

April 28th, 2022 20:00

Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant, however, today I had the same issue. I've fixed it by configuring the map all user to nobody and map all group to nogroup on my NFS server. my issue was most probably related to file access authorization on the NFS server.

Charlie

• 

2.4K Posts

April 28th, 2022 23:00

Hello, thanks for updating and contributing to this thread. It will help everyone in the community. Have a good one!

1 Message

July 1st, 2022 11:00

Yeah, on Windows Server I fixed this by editing the NFS share's NTFS Permissions to give Read, List folder contents, and Read & execute to the "Everyone" user. The update was found immediately after that. This should probably be in Dell's documentation. I revoked that access afterwards because I don't like giving Everyone anything

No Events found!