Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 27th, 2015 09:00

Alert e-mails w/OME 2.01

Hi,

Is it possible to configure alert actions to exclude certain alerts at certain times while still having them appear in the log? I have alert excludes set up but the alerts don't appear in the alert log. I need to keep a record of the events but without OME e-mailing us certain alerts at certain times.

Thanks.

1K Posts

January 27th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

Once you create an alert ignore action, they will not be visible in the OME UI. That is the purpose of ignoring an alert so you will not be able to view them in the logs, but you can time limit them. the last page for creating an alert ignore action allows you to put that limit. If you put a time limit to the alert action, then you will be able to see those alerts after that time in the log.

336 Posts

January 28th, 2015 06:00

Is there any way at all of having OME not e-mail me for certain alerts on particular servers at certain times, but e-mail me for the same alerts (i.e. all alerts) at all other times, while still keeping all events in the alert log?

e.g. we have a particular server that reboots at the same time every day. We want to be able to exclude e-mails from the server at the time of the reboot, but keep the events in the alert log so we have a record if we ever need to check it.

Alternatively, do you know whether OME keeps a record of all events it's sent even if it doesn't show them in the UI? Or do they just disappear from the database if they're set to be ignored?

1K Posts

January 28th, 2015 20:00

On the Date-Time association page, you can provide days, time and date if you wish for which you want to ignore the alerts in OME. The alerts will be ignored during those times which match the times, days and dates you have entered and you will get the alerts in all other times. But, you will not be able to see those alerts in the OME GUI if you have ignored them for that time period.

If it is just the alert email action you are concerned about, then setting the time period with such intervals will send you alert emails which match the date time association. And the alerts will be present in OME GUI all the time even when you don't receive an alert email. Does that answer your question?

2.8K Posts

January 29th, 2015 07:00

Hi there....yeah, we may not have exactly the behavior you are looking for:

1. You can setup the email alert action to be valid for a certain 1) date range, 2) time range, 3) day of week.

2. You can right-click disable (manually) the alert action.

But that might be all that is currently available.

Thx,

Rob

336 Posts

January 29th, 2015 07:00

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't solve my problem of needing to stop certain alert e-mails at certain times without deleting entries from the log. I can't individually configure multiple e-mail alerts for each of our 150+ servers just to avoid e-mailing at a particular time.

Is there no way to silence an e-mail action for a certain period?

No Events found!