Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2015 06:00

Authentication Failure Alert on Server that has been removed

Hello,

OME is constantly giving out Authenication Failure alerts on a server I removed several weeks ago.  I cannot create an 'Ignore this alert rule' on this server because it says it cannot find a device to associate it with.  I have added the IP of this server to the Exclude Ranges but it still tries to do inventory on it.

How can I get rid of this alert permanently?

Thanks!

KBeau

96 Posts

November 23rd, 2015 21:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post!

When an SNMP agent receives a request that does not contain a valid community name or the host that is sending the message is not on the list of acceptable hosts, the agent can send an authentication trap message to one or more trap destinations (management systems). The trap message indicates that the SNMP request failed authentication. This is a default setting which can be turned off on the managed node or the VM's.

To know more about this trap and the steps to fix it, please refer OME FAQ item #10.2 (Misc section) located below:

en.community.dell.com/.../openmanage-essentials-faq

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Ranveer

4 Posts

February 21st, 2018 09:00

In OME - I have a Dell TL2000 box that has been removed from OME completely and OME still receives "authentication failure" via snmp.

I have not been able to locate where this is coming from in OME as the Discovery Range has been eliminated in OME.

Thanks for you help...

Scott

February 27th, 2018 07:00

Is there any other tool that might be polling SNMP on IP addresses in your environment. Please note, SNMP request with invalid community string from any tool will result in alert.

No Events found!