Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 28th, 2018 07:00

Can OME send alerts based on hardware logs

I'm trying to figure out of OME is capable of sending email alerts based on hardware logs.  Specifically I need to have alerts sent anytime there is any type of storage error - physical disk, logical disk, array, etc...

I have a Dell PowerEdge T410 with OpenManage Version 8.4.0 and OME Version 2.1.0.2635.  E-mail alerts are configured in OME and I can send test alerts without problem.  I can also send test SNMP traps with the troubleshooting tool and those test traps do show up as alerts in OME.  

My trouble is when I test my configuration by pulling a disk out of the array OME does not create any alerts.  But Server Administrator creates several alerts on the desktop console itself and in the Windows System log.  If I go to the server in OME I can see the event under Hardware Logs but there is nothing in the alerts.  Am I missing something?  OME gathers a ton of information and it looks like it could be really helpful but if it can't send out alerts based on hardware logs then it seems to lose some of it's value.

Thanks for the help.

March 28th, 2018 12:00

Disregard this post.  In going back through my configuration settings step-by-step I found that settings I had originally configured for the SNMP service in Windows had reverted back to defaults.  Not sure how that happened but once I put the settings back in place OME began generating the alerts I was hoping to receive.  Within seconds of pulling a hard drive I received multiple alerts which is exactly what I wanted.  So I guess in conclusion if it's not working like it should go back through every setting and double-check to verify they are still correct.

No Events found!