Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

June 22nd, 2018 05:00

Comamnds To Configure OMSA

Hi,

Issue Description:- we have DELL OME to monitor DELL servers in our environment. I have configured the idrac’s so that they can send traps to DELL OME in case of any failures. I just got to know that idrac6 do not have functionality to monitor Storage, since the Storage is not visible in idrac. So I would now like to monitor the DELL Servers (Which are having idrac6) through OMSA.

Help required:- To configure the OMSA to send traps to DELL OME I would have to do below 2 things:-

• Configure SNMP Service on all DELL servers.
  • Configure OMSA to send SNMP traps to DELL OME.

I need your help in configuring the 2 point. It will be a great help if you can provide the scripts/Commands to configure OMSA.

Thanks

Ankur Mishra

June 22nd, 2018 06:00

Hi Ankur,

Following tool might help in your cause, please take a look:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20097170

23 Posts

June 26th, 2018 02:00

Hi Shivendra,

Thanks for the input.

I tried the tool, but how can i know that the script has executed on the servers?

Is there a way to check the output?

And also the tool description says that it is used to configure the snmp settings not the OMSA settings. Can you please explain this.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks

Ankur

23 Posts

June 26th, 2018 03:00

Hi Shivendra,

After configuring the OMSA to send the SNMP Traps to  Destination, i believe we need to enable the Alert on Console and Broadcast message to forward all the alerts to OME console.

Am i right?

How to enable both the above options on around 400 servers. Is there any script or tool available ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ankur

June 27th, 2018 02:00

Hi Ankur,

The step pending would be to allow SNMP Trap service to send the traps. This can be controlled using GPO.

23 Posts

June 28th, 2018 04:00

Hi Shivendra,

As checked from the documents. there is no way i can configure the OMSA -> Alert Actions -> System Event and Storage Event to send the SNMP traps to DELL OME.

I can only be able to send SNMP traps for Platform Events.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way around to monitor OMSA -> Alert Actions -> System Event and Storage Event via DELL OME.

Thanks

Ankur Mishra

+91-8088504453

June 28th, 2018 05:00

That would be a good question to ask on General forum below. Nothing that OME could facilitate on that front. OMSA folks may be able to you on that part.

https://www.dell.com/community/Systems-Management-General/bd-p/Systems-Management

No Events found!