Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

2 Intern

• 

360 Posts

February 1st, 2016 08:00

DSM Essentials Network Monitor won't start

Howdy, I've had OME 2.1 running for months and today I went to check it out and couldn't log in.  Error message mentioned a Login Failure with our Service Account and SQL.

I checked Services and noticed the above service was stuck stating "Starting".  I tried killing it and starting again and it didn't help.  I rebooted the server and it came back up to Starting right away.  I can't get the service to start at all.

I tried doing a repair on OME but that failed as well with the SQL login.

I verified the username and password have not changed and the account is not locked out.

Anyone have any idea what the heck the problem might be or where i can check for more details?

I tried running the troubleshooting Tool but wasn't sure which item to choose and what to type in in all the boxes.

1K Posts

February 8th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

So this is what i can suggest on how to get the NETMON service up but we would need a trouble ticket to really figure why it went to that state.

When you go to services.msc, then for this service properties, you would notice it is set to automatic. If you set it to manual and then reboot the server, then netmon service will not come up. You should be able to start the service manually from  here. Let me know if this helps.

No Events found!