Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

61 Posts

October 9th, 2019 08:00

Daily report to show no storage "alerts"

Our ISO27001 auditors have mentioned a point of failure being the server running OME. If the service goes down we dont get alerts. (SNMP alert ->OME-> email to admin team.) 

Is there a mechanism for OME to send me a daily email. Ideally it would contain something useful (eg overview of systems health), but I suppose anything that implied OME was still up would be good enough.

Thinking about it I could script a "test" SNMP alert on some server to go off each day, it will look messy but is does the job. If I was clever I could edit a MIB to get a better email subject.

• 

6.2K Posts

October 9th, 2019 13:00

Hello

I can't think of a heartbeat mechanism that is built-in. I just tested and it does respond to ICMP requests, so you could set up a simple ICMP heartbeat. I suspect there are several simplistic monitoring applications that are readily available for monitoring availability with ICMP. You should also be able to use SNMP to monitor heartbeat.

Here is a thread on Spiceworks where several suggestions were made:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/717429-ping-heartbeat-monitor-tool

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

October 9th, 2019 13:00

I just noticed this was OpenManage Essentials and not Enterprise. ICMP would probably not be a good indicator that the OME application is running properly since it would just be testing the host OS network response.

You could use OME CLI to run a command like Get-DiscoveryStatus -Range rangename

A script run on a schedule with a task scheduler service could return an up or down based on expected return values.

No Events found!