Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 9th, 2014 11:00

Dell OME 2.0 on Linux

All,

Are there any plans to release a version of Dell OME that runs on Linux/MySQL instead of Windows/SQL ? Would like to use OME, but we do not use Windows :)

Thanks!

September 9th, 2014 12:00

I second that.

But I also know how tough the dev can be to port it to linux.

A good trade-off would at least to make it browser-agnostic. Because - come on - Silverlight ! Microsoft itself does not believes in it.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 10th, 2014 13:00

Hi guys and thanks for this feedback.  I will ask with the product team to see what the plans are.  

I don't see anything on this topic in the near term.  But your posts can help raise the interest.

Thanks much,

Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

615 Posts

September 11th, 2014 12:00

+1 :)

We have thousands of servers and only two installs of Windows in our whole network. OME and SANHQ. Would love to use OME from an environment we are familiar with using every day.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 12th, 2014 13:00

Hey cameron, will pass along!

(guess that makes me feel special ;-) )

Regards,

Rob

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

October 2nd, 2014 08:00

Ok, thanks, will send this feedback along.

Do let us know if you have setup questions and we will be glad to help out.

Regards,

Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

24 Posts

October 2nd, 2014 08:00

I am going through the Setup of OME now, and not being a Windows admin, its painful.

For our HP servers, the HP SUM tool works on both Linux and Windows, it would be beneficial for Dell to make a Linux version of this tool as well.

Thanks!

7 Posts

April 9th, 2015 12:00

+1 for OME on Linux (actually for OpenManage Anything on Linux)

preferably from the Dell OpenManage Linux repository (linux.dell.com/repo/hardware)

1 Message

April 13th, 2015 04:00

Add one more to the list.

Siverlight and IIS is a dead end. I'm sure Dell has some plans to back out of it and to make OME and Dell Repository Manager less dependent on Windows should be made a priority.

1 Message

June 15th, 2015 06:00

Hi

We are looking for tools like this on linux, is any news from this side? Any roadmap, decision?

Something for lifecycle, firmware patching.

Thanks

Tom

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

June 15th, 2015 08:00

Hi Tom,

I'm afraid I don't have any roadmap info here.  I know we do have a Nagios plugin but I don't think it supports firmware patching.

I've heard a few folks have managed to get the OME UI working via Pipelight on Ubuntu.  But of course that just helps you with the UI. The OME server component is still windows only.

If I find out any more I'll post to this thread.

Thanks,

Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

en.community.dell.com/.../dell-openmanage-plug-in-version-1-0-for-nagios-core-is-now-available

1 Message

October 23rd, 2015 07:00

I understand that it's difficult to pass it through in an effective way but it's only more than 1 year that DELL customers are asking for a linux compatible OME. At this point can we have an official answer about this eventuality? 

We have multiple DC with DELL hardware running on linux, can we hope in a near future release or do we need to lower our expectation?

No Events found!