Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

UD

April 6th, 2015 09:00

Dell System Update Failed

I have never been able to get the system updates through the OME 2.0 tool to deploy to my servers.  I always get this response after it copies the packages to the remote server:  "The task did not receive a response from the target device."  I have turned off the firewall on the OME and target servers.  I am using the correct credentials.  But still no success on doing updates to any of our servers.

1K Posts

April 7th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

Are you using the inband method to perform system update or OOB method? I'll be able to guide you to see if all the configuration is correct once i know whether the system update method is inband or OOB.

1K Posts

April 7th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Apologies for not being more clear. Inband means OMSA method of update, OOB means iDRAC update method. When you perform system update, you will see the update method. Are you performing update through the iDRAC or the server is what i need to know!!

April 7th, 2015 07:00

Hi Dell-Pupul.  I am using the OME tool, trying to deploy the updates to my servers - thus the inband method I guess. I am not creating an update CD (if that is what you mean by OOB).

April 7th, 2015 08:00

Thanks for clarifying - I believe it is the OMSA method.  I have OMSA installed on all of our servers.  I then am using the OME tool.  It shows the In-band method for updating as shown here:

April 7th, 2015 09:00

Thanks for clarifying - I believe it is the OMSA method.  I have OMSA installed on all of our servers.  I then am using the OME tool.  It shows the In-band method for updating as shown here:

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

April 7th, 2015 13:00

Hi there,

You might also try the in-band update test in the Dell Troubleshooting Tool (installed on the OME desktop).  That will allow you to test the remote connectivity outside of OME. You may try that and let us know how that goes.  It could help with debugging the issue.

Thanks,

Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

No Events found!