Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 22nd, 2018 15:00

Discovery and Inventory - Devices not found / offline after D&I attemp?

Good afternoon,

Is there a way in the Discovery and Inventory GUI to easily view which devices/ranges returned 0 / no devices found after doing a D&I?

In my case I am importing 200 or so devices using a CSV file and creating a new Group for them. I then right-click the Group and select "Perform Discovery & Inventory now".   Out of those 200 devices say it finds 195 of them. Now the only way I can find to determine which devices were *not* found is to manually click one device after another beneath the Group list until I see the 'Data is not available' screen.  Seems rather tedious. 

It seems there should be another column in the Discovery Range Details window, when clicking on a Group, that shows "Devices In Range" with a number. Or a change in icon in the Group list, or simply a Task State other then 'complete / 100%' that would show if a device was found or not. I've tried looking through the 'Discovery Portal', but it only shows devices that were successfully discovered. 

I can use a 'ping' tool to do this of course, but seems like it's a bit of information that would be helpful within the OME GUI as well.

Regards,

Grizzt

March 16th, 2018 05:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Undoubtedly nice thing to have. Complete 100% represents that OME tried all the IP addresses and have processed them. Irrespective of them turning out to be a supported device (or not) or not pingable at all. I will forward this suggestion for consideration in future.

No Events found!