Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

2 Intern

• 

360 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 18:00

How do Alert Maintenance Windows Work?

The GUI for setting up a Maintenance Window isn't very intuitive.  It has a start and end date and then a start and end time but it doesn't say if they go together.

If I set 2/2/2012 as the start date and 2/3/2017 as the end date, and I then set 1AM as the start time and 10AM as the end time, what does that do?

It could mean that from 1AM - 10AM on 2/2 and 1AM - 10AM on 2/3 the server will be in maintenance mode.

or it could means that from 1AM on 2/2/2017 until 10AM on 2/3/2017 the server will be in maintenance mode.

Which is it?  I hope it's the second because otherwise I don't see any wya you can do an overnight maintenance window.  If it is, then someone should update the GUI to have Start Date and Start Time next to each other and then End Date and End Time next to each other.

So, here's two scenarios I need to know how to setup.

1) How can I setup a recurring maintenance window for a server that gets rebooted every night?  I don't ever want to get an alert from this specific server if it's between Midnight and 6AM.  Can I setup a maintenance window and leave the Date and Days boxes unchecked and just put in 12AM - 6AM?  Will that alert me if something happens at 7AM?

2) How can I setup a maintenance window that spans multiple days?  If I'm doing work at night on a certain server and I don't want to get any alerts from 10PM on day 1 until 6AM on day 2, how do I set that up?

Thanks.

No Responses!
No Events found!