DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Re: Integrating Repository Manager and OpenManage Essentials

Ok, trying to brainstorm here.  Is this a default install or custom install (diff path, remote database, etc.) ?

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Michael Lamia
2 Bronze

I did install to a remote database server.  Otherwise, everything is defaults.

Michael Lamia

Solutions Architecture Consultant - Specializing in CPS, DHCS, and Azure Stack

Dell EMC | Solution Centers

Michael.Lamia@Dell.com

Chicago, IL USA

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Ok, I strongly suspect this is related to the fact that you are using a remote db.  I bet it would work on a local db.  To proceed, you might call 800-945-3355 to open a ticket.  There are some logs that they can help collect that would debug the remote db problem.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
DurkinR
3 Silver

I have been too busy to call for support. I can confirm we are running RepoMan 1.4 and that I am a member of the OmeAdministrators. We also use a local SQL Express DB, and I used the default install.

0 Kudos
dcluck
3 Silver

I can confirm that this issue, as described in the OP, happens with local databases as well. All of the mentioned criteria in this thread is also met.

RM v1.4.104

OME discovery process has fully completed

OME user is a member of OMEAdmin group

SQL database is local

OME and RM were both installed using the defaults

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Ok, thanks for the post.  If you can, phone 800-945-3355  and that may allow us to collect some logs to help pinpoint the trouble.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
dcluck
3 Silver

30 minutes on hold and no one knows where to direct me for OME support. I've been transferred around to 3 different departments. Currently have someone trying to track down what department handles OME support.

0 Kudos
victor_waelchli
3 Argentum

you need to speak to the systems management group.  provide a server service tag and then say it is involving open manage. that should take you to the right group.  

0 Kudos
dcluck
3 Silver

They weren't able to identify what is causing this error. I provided them the log file and they're going to have some others take a look at it. In the meantime they suggested simply using OME for pushing out system updates directly to non-compliant servers.

Both of these applications feel like beta to me.

0 Kudos
DELL-Rob C
5 Tungsten

Thanks dcluck.

Actually, OME is in Open Eval (it is noted on the download page).  So we are eager to get your feedback on how you are using it, things you like, and things you'd like to see changed.

Aside from the RM integration, please feel free to post new threads on how things are going with the rest of your evaluation.  Hopefully, your log files will help the team identify any trouble.

The final release of OME is slated for Q1.

Thanks,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos