Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2012 08:00

Modular systems disappearing after daily discovery.

I've setup OME to discover 3 separate subnets and it discovers all the devices on there.

When checking those devices, it pulls in the blade chassis and the blades that are associated with the chassis.

Once in there, the next discovery will kick off, and BAM! The chassis are gone, but the blades are still there. 

Is there something I'm missing where it won't remove the modular systems from the Devices section?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 11th, 2012 09:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

There was a bug that was pointed out that might be resolved by making a config file change.  Can you review this thread and see if maybe it is related to your issue?

Rob

en.community.dell.com/.../19424897.aspx

January 11th, 2012 10:00

Thanks Rob.  I'm testing that solution now to see if that resolves the issue.  I have my discovery and inventory set to run once a day, so I should have some results by tomorrow.

January 12th, 2012 12:00

UPDATE: After I made the change to the config file from the previous recommended post, the chassis still disappeared from the modular systems group.  I did reboot the server after I made the change to make sure that everything took effect.  Now I'm at a lost.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 12th, 2012 12:00

Did you count the zeros very carefully?   If you are off by one, it could be a problem.  Other  times I've seen this if you have a duplicate name of a system (e.g., RACS) or a duplicate MAC address (virtual).  

It would be good to try a separate discovery of each system that you think is getting clobbered and review the MAC info and name for that.  Also be sure that each system have good ip DNS resolution.

Rob

No Events found!