Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2016 03:00

Monitor Individual Port in Dell Switches / Force10 / PowerConnect - Other Devices

Hi,

I'm running pure Dell networking and other infrastructure component, Dell OME is installed to manage and monitor these devices. Unfortunately, in most of the switches I have some critical devices connected such as CCTV cameras, WiFI APs, access control devices etc etc... As far as what has been communicated to me that with OME I cannot monitor these individual ports in each switch against failure / port OFF port ON. Is that possible...?

OME seems doesn't recognize other Dell Hardware such as SonicWall / Auruba OME Clearpass and identify them as Unclassified devices. Any help on this issue?

Ideally, I would like the OME to be my all in one monitoring solution, highly appreciate your help on this matter..

Regards,

October 11th, 2016 08:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Monitoring of individual ports is not possible with OME. However, if these switches send traps on such changes (like port down / up), OME will format and show all details as part of received traps.

About your second query, OME supports the device types you have mentioned through SNMP protocol (v1/v2c only). For more details about the support, please refer this detailed white paper on the same topic.

en.community.dell.com/.../20440872

October 11th, 2016 23:00

Hi Shavram,

Thanks for your reply, sending traps to the OME for whole ports it would be a disaster to know the unnecessary and necessary information. Unless those alerts can be categorized as wanted Alerts that's are related to information we need.

No Events found!