Ever since clearing my list of alerts the other day I haven't seen any new alerts logged in OME. This is surprising since I've got a device with a failed hard drive that is being displayed via the Devices by Status chart on the portal. Has anyone else seen this happen? Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks for the post. I assume when you cleared the alerts you used the delete option and not the ignore option. Setting the ignore filter might cause the alert to not be received in OME. You can check the Active ignore filters by going to Manage->Alerts->Alert Actions->Ignore and make sure there is no active Ignore filter for this.
On target node, you can check if it is sending alerts to OME, the community string is matching and the SNMP service is running.
On OME server you can run the troubleshooting tool and under Miscellaneous tab you can find the tests for SNMP Trap Sender. Set the IP address for OME host, specify the community string and run the test. It will send a test trap to OME and you can check under Manage->Alerts->Alert logs to see if you are receiving the traps.
Thanks for the information. I looked through each of the items above and they are configured correctly on the server but when using the troubleshooting tool I discovered that port 162 was in use by another application. I shut that app down and rebooted and a flood of alerts began to arrive however I haven't seen an alert for the failed hard drive.
Thanks for the updates John.
Good to hear that the alerts are being received in OME now. For the hard drive alert, it is possible that it is being sent at certain frequency. That last one might have been received by the other application listening on 162 and it may take some time for the next one to be generated from the target. Do let us know if you see it.