Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2013 09:00

OME 1.2.1 can't download catalog.cab

Hi Support,

Under manage > System Update the catalog fails to update.

The location is set to ftp://downloads.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab (I assume this is the default).

When I "Select a Catalog Source" and select "Use an online source" and click "Import Now"  a task will start, stay at 10% for a while and then fail with the following error: Import Dell Version Control Catalog for System Update from ftp://downloads.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab failed.Exception message: Unable to connect to the remote server

The firewall (Both server and our Cisco ASA) is open for FTP traffic, any suggestions to fix this?

Is it possible to download the cab file somewhere else until fixed.

Current version (Active Catalog) is from 10/5/2013  release ID: 7H78Y

Many thanks

Lasse

2.8K Posts

November 12th, 2013 09:00

Hi,

If you post this URL in your web browser does it work then?

What region (country) are you in?

thx!

Rob

1K Posts

November 13th, 2013 04:00

Hi,

Other than trying to access the URL in your web browser you can also try to access ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab and you can download the catalog from this URL also.

7 Posts

November 14th, 2013 06:00

Thank you,

I got it to work, the default URL was wrong! (please check that, since I'm sure I did not modify the location) 

changing the default from

ftp://support.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab

to

ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab

fix the problem.

1K Posts

November 14th, 2013 07:00

Hi Thomsen,

Thanks for the post.

The default URL is just a mirror of the location which i suggested you. As Rob mentioned, if you are able to access the URL your web browser it should work with OME as well.

7 Posts

November 14th, 2013 07:00

Sorry if I did not make that clear, using ftp.dell.... worked in OME :emotion-2:

No Events found!