Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2015 07:00

OME 2.0 and EqualLogic

Hello.

OME 2.0.1

Trying to add EqualLogic groups to OME. We have 3 groups (in different DCs). I know that I need to add EqualLogic Group management IP. SNMP settings and traps are the same for this 3 groups. Troubleshoot Tool also can query SNMP name.

One added successfully, but 2 others - does not.

Can you suggest something?

What you mean in FAQ: Make sure the chassis service tag in EqualLogic is populated for that to be classified under Modular group.

1K Posts

June 18th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

The FAQ is for an EQL which is associated to a modular chassis? Is yours associated?

• What is happening when you are trying to discover these EQLs, are they going to unknown device group?
  • Can you share the troubleshooting tool output, make sure to hide the secure things like service tag, etc.?
  • By DCs, i am assuming you mean domain controllers unless there is some other meaning:
    • So the OME machine which you are using, does it have access to all the other DCs?
    • Is OME a part of one of these DCs?
    • The EQL which you are able to discover, does it belong to the same DC as OME?

13 Posts

June 18th, 2015 10:00

The FAQ is for an EQL which is associated to a modular chassis? Is yours associated?

• What is happening when you are trying to discover these EQLs, are they going to unknown device group?

Nothing in list. We have PS6010 and 6110 models with latest FW (7.1.5)

• Can you share the troubleshooting tool output, make sure to hide the secure things like service tag, etc.?

By this tool I can see the same for all – it’s answering to SNMP.

• By DCs, i am assuming you mean domain controllers unless there is some other meaning:
  • So the OME machine which you are using, does it have access to all the other DCs?

Yes it have. DC – I mean data centers. We have one Domain.

• Is OME a part of one of these DCs?

Yes.

• The EQL which you are able to discover, does it belong to the same DC as OME? Yes.

When add scope or only IP of EQL group and perform Discovery and Inventory now – I see “Data is not available”

We have huge list of Dell hardware, maybe we can make a remote session or you can provide phone numbers where we need to call to get support.

1K Posts

June 19th, 2015 04:00

Not sure what else i can suggest. You can raise a trouble ticket @800-945-3355 , they should be able to help you figure out if there is any environmental setting that needs to be changed.

13 Posts

June 19th, 2015 07:00

Hello, thank you. Found root cause. Both IPs was in Exclude range.

Just interesting why I was able to add this 2 ranges after we have exclusion. Hope this will be fixed in 2.02 version.

Please close this post.

1K Posts

June 19th, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for updating the post. So, are you using range discovery to discover the EQLs? If you are, then yes it is an expected behavior. The purpose of Exclude range is to not discover the device, so yes you will be able to add a IP range but during discovery it will not discover them. If you provide one IP address during discovery, then you will not be able to add it to the discovery range. Does this make it clearer?

13 Posts

June 19th, 2015 09:00

We have Exclude range.

After that I have added 2 IPs (for each EQL group) and no alerts from OME. Than scan didn't show me anything.

Can you please answer to one more question: why I can not search by ServiceTag for EQL or Switch, but can for PowerEdge servers. Another feature?

1K Posts

June 22nd, 2015 03:00

Hi,

So, did you add an IP in your exclude range or was it an IP address? What is want to understand is whatever was present in exclude range, is it exactly same in include range or not? If it is an IP range, then  same IP range should not be possible to enter in include and exclude ranges. If it is an IP address, the same should not be possible to enter in include and exclude, both.

When you say seach by Service Tag, i hope you are asking about the Device Search feature. Is there a specific switch you are not able to search using Service Tag? Because i just discovered a switch and did a search, it all returned fine. You might not be able to query a EQL group using Service Tag as they really do not have a service tag. The service tag is associated with the EQL members and not the group.

13 Posts

June 22nd, 2015 03:00

Hello.

We had in Exclude Ranges subnet 10.10.1.1-254. Added just when we started build OME. In few weeks after that, tried to add EQL groups. We have group Austin DC and I tried to add 2 EQL groups as additional ranges with IPs: 10.10.1.14 and 10.10.1.50

They are added successfully, but when I performed Discovery and Inventory – nothing in list.

About search – fixed after server restart.

Thank you.

1K Posts

June 22nd, 2015 04:00

Yea, so the way Exclude range works is this:

The range you provide in exclude range will not be discovered. Even if you add individual IP ranges from Exclude range, they will not get discovered. I guess it will not make sense if had discovered it because intentionally it was added to exclude range. I hope this makes it clear.

13 Posts

June 26th, 2015 11:00

OK. Can you do same alert as we see when we add new IP from range that already exist?

And I have more questions:

1. Can you add IP column to Group view for device. I wish to see\sort not only  by device name.

2. If we have stack of switches - we can search only by 1st ServiceTag. Maybe it's again only for me.

Thank you one more time.

13 Posts

June 29th, 2015 01:00

Let me understand this clearly. What you want is to have another type of alert in OME which can tell you that there is an IP range present in exclude list? Is that correct?

Yes. If we have exclude range and I'm trying to add devices which has the same IP\IPs pool\subnet I wish to see an Alert: this IP in Exclude range

This will be good.

Also, you want to sort the devices with IP address, is that right? I will forward this request to the correct guys. As of now, there is no way to do it from device tree. Though, the reports section for NIC details can help you in this one.

Please add. I wish to see this for any type of devices - Servers\Switches\EQL. And really do not understand why app have not this option now. For EQL must be management IP.

In case of stacked switches, what do you mean when you say first service tag?

See my screenshot. Hope this will be understandable.

1K Posts

June 29th, 2015 01:00

Let me understand this clearly. What you want is to have another type of alert in OME which can tell you that there is an IP range present in exclude list? Is that correct?

Also, you want to sort the devices with IP address, is that right? I will forward this request to the correct guys. As of now, there is no way to do it from device tree. Though, the reports section for NIC details can help you in this one.

In case of stacked switches, what do you mean when you say first service tag?

1K Posts

June 29th, 2015 08:00

Yea, so search is based on the information present in device summary and not in Switch device information table. So, you can search from whatever data is present in device summary.

For the other requests that you have posted, we will put forward the request to the correct people. Thanks for letting us know.

13 Posts

June 29th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for help.

But how I can get full search? I can't scan\search by this tag in Device Search.

Please explain where I can search by such ServiceTags

No Events found!