Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

EJ

September 23rd, 2015 14:00

OME 2.1: previously known servers are now unclassified

Hello,

Just found this strange issue: after adding a new discovery range (ws-man) and performing a discovery + inventory, all the servers are unclassified. Double-checked ws-man user id / password and successfully tested a manuel connection from the OME server:  no luck.
I then tested deletion of a bunch of servers from another range and launched a discovery / inventory, same issue.

Anything I should check to solve this issue?

JP

90 Posts

September 23rd, 2015 14:00

I forgot to mention that OMSA+SNMP discovery is working OK. WMI seems not to be OK, I need to do further tests.

September 23rd, 2015 16:00

Hi JP,

This behavior with ws-man discovery could potentially because of the certificate expiry on that device (iDRAC/CMC). You can launch the iDRAC/CMC UI and confirm the certificate details.

In OME 2.1, the WS-Man communication component is updated. The newer component does not communicate with the device if the certificate on that device is expired.

Running sslresetcfg via racadm will reset the certificate. Refer similar thread http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/19653767 for details and solution.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay

90 Posts

September 24th, 2015 09:00

We are using our own certificate. So I tried to follow the steps in the help file (add the Root CA locally and in the discovery range) but no luck so far, drac are still unclassified. Anything else to check?

90 Posts

September 25th, 2015 07:00

Well, this is interesting:

Protocols Selected are:1.WSMAN

WSMAN

WSMAN Not recognized error.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

September 25th, 2015 07:00

In that case it might not be related to expired certificates.

You can try are deleting and rediscovering one of those devices.

You can also try running troubleshooting tool with WS-MAN test against one of those devices.

Regards

Abhijit 

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

September 25th, 2015 08:00

Looks like a problem with communications over WS-MAN. Better to open the support ticket so they can investigate further.

Also wouldn't hurt to check the dates on your self generated certificates.

Regards

Abhijit

90 Posts

September 25th, 2015 08:00

Yeah, I was expecting that question:

From a web browser:

Certificate status: This certificate is OK.
valid from: ‎Tuesday, ‎February ‎17, ‎2015 4:58:53 AM
Valid to: ‎Thursday, ‎February ‎16, ‎2017 4:58:53 AM

Contacting support, and thinking to rollback next week. I can't live with 3500+ unclassified servers.

116 Posts

September 28th, 2015 07:00

This ensures it is not a problem with certificate validity.

Can you try following command from the command prompt where OME is installed.

winrm e cimv2/root/dcim/DCIM_SoftwareIdentity -u: -p: -r:https:// /wsman:443 -SkipCNCheck -SkipCACheck -auth:basic -encoding:utf-8

replace with actual username
replace with actual idrac password
replace with idrac-ip address.

Let us know whether you get proper output.

Thanks,
Arun

90 Posts

September 30th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, got a RAID controller crash on the Hyper-V host running OME VM.

So i tried the command against some servers:

WSManFault
Message = The connection to the specified remote host was refused. Verify that the WS-Management service is running on the remote host and configured to listen for requests on the correct port and
HTTP URL.

Error number: -2144108270 0x80338112
The connection to the specified remote host was refused. Verify that the WS-Management service is running on the remote host and configured to listen for requests on the correct port and HTTP URL.

Accessing the URL from a web browser returns a 404 not found (same error on different servers, with different browsers) after the authentication, however accessing https://idrac_ip ;works fine.

90 Posts

September 30th, 2015 09:00

Pro-support is taking care of this, I will let you know the result.

90 Posts

October 5th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

In conclusion, the only way to solve this issue was to install OME on a fresh VM. Apparently the ws-man stack was broken beyond understanding on the previous VM. Engineer is not able to tell if the stack was broken before the upgrade (however OME was working fine) or broken due to the upgrade.

Cheers.

JP

No Events found!