Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2017 00:00

OME 2.2 RAC discovers OS

Hi all, I'm noticing my attempts at iDRAC discovery are seemingly discovering the iDRAC and also OS components. 

Discovery Settings are iDRAC (out of band) WS-MAN credentials are being supplied. 

The name of the servers discovered under RAC is the OS name, our RAC names are r this is not listed. The RAC information is in the information page, but also the OS IP's (ESX 6, in this case) In the case of some RHEL machines, I am seeing the correct server name under RAC

Is there some data in the Device Summary which will dictate what component of the machine is being discovered? My concern is if I discover the OS under both RAC and ESX, alerts from the RAC will be missed. 

Thanks, Jason

August 7th, 2017 09:00

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the query.

It seems like iDRAC and in-band OS (which is ESXi) credentials are same and a subnet or range is being discovered. Result of which, OME is able to identify both connections and correlating both entities into one (which is logical too). One of the following solutions can be adopted based on your valuation and convenience:

1. Do not include in-band (OS network) IP addresses while configuring discovery ranges.

2. Have different set of credentials to manage out-of-band (iDRAC) and in-band (ESXi) traffic.

3. Upgrade to version 2.3 which is available now. It introduces the feature to strictly control the type  of devices you want to discover on a particular discovery range. So, even though the protocol credentials match, connection will not be passed if the type does not match.

Let us know if this helps!

13 Posts

August 10th, 2017 03:00

Hi Shivendra, thanks for your message. Situation is I just can't get OME to reliably discover. 

Regards the issue I mention, the DRAC and OS IP ranges are separate and different, and the credentials for DRAC and OS are separate and different. 

I had the same issue discovering the OS in the RAC for RHEL and ESX, and the credentials for the 4 options (2 DRAC 2 OS are all different) I could resolve partly by discovering the RHEL RAC's with the OS powered down. 

so I upgrade to 2.3. I notice in the ESX option on a 2.3 Discover there was some new options, but couldn't get the OS to discover at all. Then I did a clean build and 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade to simulate prod, and now that extra discovery option is not present, and still can't discover. Prod is still working...to some extent. 

If I use the T'shooting tool and attempt to WSMAN test a host, I see this. Is there some host based certificate expected? 

Is there a number I can call to log a ticket in Singapore for a tech to dial in? I'm going round in circles here...thanks for your assistance so far. Jason

Using TLS 1.0 for SSL/TLS handshake.
UntrustedRoot: A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

Error: A server certificate could not be validated.
Using TLS 1.1 for SSL/TLS handshake.
UntrustedRoot: A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

Using TLS 1.2 for SSL/TLS handshake.

SSL Certificate Verification Failed.

August 10th, 2017 10:00

Hi Jason,

Please contact Dell Support (800-945-3355) for assistance on the issue.

13 Posts

August 10th, 2017 22:00

Thanks Shivendra, that number seems to be for the US and I'm in Singapore. I called local support but was not successful. Is there any asia-pac number I can call for OME support in Asia? 

August 15th, 2017 06:00

Try these too:

ProSupport Networking, Servers, Storages, Wyse (includes ProSupport powered by Copilot):
24x7
1800-395-7934/7935/7936
Basic support Networking, Servers, Storages, Wyse:
Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
1800-394-7478

13 Posts

March 27th, 2019 02:00

Seems upgrade to 2.5 has wiped my config, not sure if that is expected. Sp I'm setting up from scratch. 

It introduces the feature to strictly control the type of devices you want to discover on a particular discovery range. So, even though the protocol credentials match, connection will not be passed if the type does not match.

Where do we find the setting to only discover Dell hardware? I'm getting HP and Dell in my discovery

No Events found!