Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JH

September 22nd, 2014 11:00

OME Discovery Not Completing

I am running OME 1.3 and I have a discovery job that runs on Saturday and Sunday at 1300. The job finishes at 1347 give or take a minute whether it has discovered the entire range or not. Is there a way to tell it to continue until it has scanned everything? There is no other job scheduled to run after the discovery so I do not understand why it stops at this time.

140 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 11:00

I don't recall a setting that makes it run until completion, have you tried deleting the job and recreating it?

1 Rookie

• 

39 Posts

September 23rd, 2014 03:00

I will try this but it doesn't answer why it picked the apparently random time period or why I cannot extend it.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 23rd, 2014 13:00

Hi Jaimie, thanks for the question.

The discovery schedule is user configurable.  So if you want it to run on a different day and time, you can set that up. 

But I think you are saying that the discovery is failing unexpectedly.  Is that right?

We may need you to open a support ticket (800-945-3355) so they can review error logs.  But often times a failed discovery run can be traced to a problematic ip address.  So folks will sometimes review the range that is entered in the discovery wizard.  They may 'know' of problematic ip addresses, or they might do some sort of binary search and enter a smaller range until they 'catch it'.

Was this range running successfully for a period of time and now it is stopping suddenly?

Thanks,

Rob 

delltechcenter.com/ome

No Events found!