Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2015 14:00

OME Error upon update: Server's host key in not cached in the registry

Hello,

I am testing OME to hopefully be installed in our Datacenter.  I have OME installed on a Windows 2008 box and I need it to primarily manage CentOS 6 Linux servers.  When I try and update a server's components using Dell's catalog I get the failure in the title - "the server's host key is not cached in the registry.  The system may not be the same."

I tried using Putty to download a host key which did not work.  I could not find Plink in the OME install per this article but downloaded from the internet and was unsuccessful getting to a key.  That maybe because I'm not familiar with the tool but I feel that this will not work just as the people in the other post said it didn't work.  Where does OME look for the cached keys?  I have administrative and root privileges in OME and on the server.

There was no resolution from the article but it was from a few years ago.  Does anyone have any updates on this error now?  

Thanks in advance.

8 Posts

October 16th, 2015 11:00

In case this helps anyone else -

I was able to get the DRM to work by using WS-MAN instead of SNMP.

116 Posts

October 16th, 2015 23:00

Hi Thanks for the post.

Can you please check whether a file with name Y.txt has been created under C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\bin ?

If not, please try creating a dummy file Y.txt and re-try from OME.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Arun

8 Posts

October 19th, 2015 12:00

Thanks Arun.

There was no Y.txt file in C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\bin.

Since the problem is already solved by using WS-MAN and the recommended method of discovery is WS-MAN instead of SNMP, I think I'm all set.

Thanks again.

8 Posts

October 20th, 2015 13:00

Just to confirm - if I am primarily updating Linux servers using OME and DRM, do I download Windows and/or Linux bundles?  It seems WS-MAN uses Windows updates so I would download the 64 bit version but I'm curious why I have read others download both Windows and Linux?

Thanks in advance.

116 Posts

October 21st, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Glad to know things are working for you.

To confirm, by WS-Man you mean out-of-band discovery & update. Is my understanding correct ?

If it is out-of-band, OME will be using windows binaries only ( if iDRAC is capable, then OME will attempt with 64 bit version of windows binaries). This is because update is happening via iDRAC, irrespective of operating system.

But if you try to update Linux server using in-band (with or without OMSA installed on the target), then OME will attempt to use Linux version of binaries because update is happening using operating system.

Hope this clarifies. Let us know if you have any further queries.

No Events found!