Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2015 08:00

OME Installation Failure

I'm having trouble installing OME, and hope someone can help.

I'm installing the latest OME on one of our test machines, which is currently not connected to a network.

Installing prerequisites goes without a hitch, but the OME install itself fails without a reason given.

The InstallUtil log gives the following errors repeated from each attempt:

2015-10-07 05:25:43 PM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\bin\WebInstall\InstallUtil.exe"  -DatabaseOptions 8 -i -WebsitePath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\WWWRoot\Essentials" -WebsitePort "2607"

Website unzip started...

Website un-install started... Undefined exception occurred: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found    at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)    at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)    at InstallUtil.Installers.Website.get_IssuedToCertificateInfo()    at InstallUtil.Installers.Website.Uninstall()    at InstallUtil.Installers.Website.UnzipAsync()    at InstallUtil.Program.RunInstall(CommandLineArgumentsDictionary arguments)    at InstallUtil.Program.Main(String[] args)

2015-10-07 05:25:43 PM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\bin\WebInstall\InstallUtil.exe" -u

Website un-install started... Undefined exception occurred: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found    at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)    at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)    at InstallUtil.Installers.Website.get_IssuedToCertificateInfo()    at InstallUtil.Installers.Website.Uninstall()    at InstallUtil.Program.RunUninstall(CommandLineArgumentsDictionary arguments)    at InstallUtil.Program.Main(String[] args)

I'm not sure where this error comes from - can anyone help?

116 Posts

October 10th, 2015 10:00

Hi there,

It seems there is some DNS issue with your setup and OME is unable to resolve the host.

Possibly you could try whether the OME host name is resolving to ip address & vice-versa.

If there are any DNS changes done recently, I would recommend to clear DNS cache (or) restart server and try again.

If nothing turns out fruitful, I would suggest to call support guys on this number 800-945-3355  and let them have a look.

Thanks,

Arun

No Events found!