Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

September 23rd, 2016 13:00

OME Server Updates

For the last 2 months, when my OME console says it has a Newer Catalog version available, I need to know why, when it's done, nothing has changed. The same # of compliant vs. non-compliant servers stays the same, and there are no new available updates. I recently updated my console to 2.2.0 in the hopes this would take care of this, and today I had a Newer Catalog version available, after I downloaded it, nothing changed. I know for a fact there is a new 2.2.5 BIOS version available for the R630 and R730 servers, but my OME console doesn't show these. Can someone enlighten me, any help is greatly appreciated.

September 26th, 2016 01:00

If you view your active catalog, what is the version?

This is the latest:

Also make sure the catalog source is downloads.dell.com/.../catalog.cab

30 Posts

September 26th, 2016 11:00

Thanks for getting back with me. I am not sure where this Active Catalog resides, can you point me in the right direction?

30 Posts

September 26th, 2016 14:00

Never mind, I found it. It shows the 9/23/16 version and no Newer versions available. So what's next?

October 3rd, 2016 01:00

• How are you inventorying the servers, are you doing In-band with the OMSA agent on the OS, or Out-of-Band with WS-MAn directly to the iDRAC?
  • If you open up the details of a server in OME what is the latest inventory date?
  • Can you try to delete 1 device for the Devices tab and run the inventory and discovery again for that device to see if it finds it again.

October 5th, 2016 09:00

Where do you click to get the Active Catalog screen?  I'm facing the same issue, had to manual go to servers to update for R630 bios.

30 Posts

October 5th, 2016 11:00

30 Posts

October 5th, 2016 11:00

I'm doing In-Band updates, my inventories go off every day @ 5PM and yes I can Delete a Device, then re-inventory it and it shows back up. However, not with the newest BIOS update on the R630.

October 6th, 2016 01:00

Can you to a WMI query to the server and paste the results here?

What is the OMSA version that is installed on the OS, which protocol are you using for the inventory and does it show up green?

When you look at the server in question in your Device tab does it show the firmware information and is that correct?

Also do you have the ability to inventory the server Out-of-Band on the iDRAC using WS-MAN? For firmware and BIOS updates I would always advise to do those Out-of-Band.

No Events found!