Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2015 02:00

OME does not perform inventory of the server

Hi!

We have the version 2.0.1.2222 of the OME installed.

I have tried to update a couple of servers, everything went fine, I saw a process on the server running the update, and it actually finished successfully. But in the OME console I still see the server in "Non-Compliant Systems", it shows that a previous version of the firmware (in this case it's iDRAC) is installed. I've tried to perform the "Discovery and Inventory", but it doesn't help.

Could you please advise on the issue?

Thank you in advance!

1K Posts

April 23rd, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Can you please let us know if you have performed system update through OMSA method ot iDRAC update method?

6 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 07:00

I am not sure which method that was, but I selected the update in OME, pressed "Apply selected updates", entered the credential and that was it.

1K Posts

April 23rd, 2015 08:00

Which credentials did you provide? Was it iDRAC credential or server?

6 Posts

April 23rd, 2015 08:00

Credentials of the user, which has administrative rights for the server.

96 Posts

April 24th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

To understand and just to isolate the problem, can you confirm whether the firmware version shown under All Devices> Device Details> Software Inventory table is the updated version or not?

Or is it still showing old version which was shown before update?

If, the version shown in Device Details page is correct as updated, can you try out the refresh icon under Non-Compliant tab in System Update portal.

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks

Ranveer

6 Posts

April 24th, 2015 02:00

Dell-Ranveer,

no, it's not correct.

96 Posts

April 24th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

Thanks for the update!

Can you confirm, what is the OMSA version installed on the target device?

And by the time, is it possible to reboot the server once and then perform discovery and inventory again? If it is not tried can you try once and let us know if that works!

Thanks

Ranveer

6 Posts

April 24th, 2015 06:00

Ranveer,

just restarted the server and performed "Discovery and Inventory" one more time. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

6 Posts

April 27th, 2015 01:00

Strangely enough, a server from different vlan was patched successfully.

What else can I check?

96 Posts

April 27th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Can you help us to get some more information as listed:

1. Will it be possible to share the screenshot where it shows the different version (Software Inventory table v/s Non-Compliant)

2. Try restarting the OMSA services on discovered target, there will be 4 services which need to be restarted>> all will be starting with DSM. Then perform a re-discovery and inventory.

3. Would need to know the OMSA version as requested in earlier post, that it will help!

Regards
Ranveer

No Events found!