Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2013 09:00

OPENMANAGE ESSENTIALS Unknown Device Type

Currently I have a PowerEdge R710 that continues to show Unknown Device Type.  I used the  TroubleShooting Tool to test SNMP.  It returned the System Name, Mac, Server Admin Version 7.1.0,  Storage Agent Version 4.1.0, and Inventory Agent Version 7.1.0.  Do you have any suggestions on how to get this device to display as a Server?

1 Message

January 9th, 2014 00:00

Hi Rob,

I am from india. I have contacted dell enterprise support but they given me to access the www.delltechcentre.com/ome instead of provide some solutions.

I had implemented OME 1.2 in my setup. I getting unclassified devices in OME console. i had tried with trouble shooting tool. i can ping the devices and get details through snmp with my custom community.  How can i trouble shoot the unclassified devices ?

And i also want that the OME log a case with DELL on behalf of me. please share the steps for the both the issues.

Thanks in advance.

DK

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 9th, 2014 08:00

Hi there DK.

So the first step would be to review FAQ 3.6 and see if that helps.  It mentions the most common issues.  You can find it at the Dell TechCenter link you mention.

When you use the TS tool for SNMP test, does the result set include the Server Administrator version?  If not, that indicates OMSA is not running correctly on the box and we can begin looking at the OMSA setup.

Also, make sure the SNMP community string is the proper 'case'.  If you mis-type it, that can cause this issue as well.

Thanks,

Rob

29 Posts

January 9th, 2014 15:00

So you need to see something like this in your results:

SNMP
MIB-II (System Name) example
MIB-II (MAC Address) F8:BC:12:31:xx:xx
Server Administrator (Version) 7.3.2
Storage Management (Agent Version) 4.3.0

Not just the first two lines talking about the MIB

No Events found!