Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2017 10:00

Open Manage Essential 2.3 - Tiered Environment

Hi all,

I would like to forward traps from multiple installation of OME to another one acting as root or collector.
The traps on the final destination can not be distinguished between multiple source OME.
In some messages the only information available is an ip address.
For example in case of a vm that regain the guest heartbeat, the only info available is the host esxi ip address and the vm name.
But you know I can have multiple (ex.) vm with the same name (on multiple infrastructure) and a private ip address is pretty useless.
Using the email action is also the same.

Any ideas?

David

August 9th, 2017 11:00

Hi David,

Thanks for the query.

If you want to distinguish alerts received from multiple OME instances, ensure "Forward Trap in Original Format" is not selected in configured trap forward actions. When such alerts will be received in root / collector OME instance, they will carry source IP address of receiving leaf OME instance.

August 10th, 2017 03:00

Hi Shivendra,

despite your instruction,I still receive the trap (on OME root / Collector) with individual ip address of each device.
The image below is about the collector.
Furthermore, because single OME (leaf) are inside each infrastructure, even if I receive the traps as a single source, everything appear as a collection of a private addresses maybe some equal to others.
Multiple infrastructures can have equal subnets inside.

Thanks for your cooperation

David

August 10th, 2017 11:00

Hi David,

Please get in touch with Dell Support to have a closer look on why OME leaf IP is not being shown on collector OME.

No Events found!