Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2015 01:00

OpenManage Essentials v2.1.0 ?

Dear all, 

I saw a notification from OME (current installed version is 2.0.1.2222 that the new OME v2.1.0 is available for download. However, I can only find v2.0.1 for download on the website

However Repository Manager Updater does find a new update for Repository Manager, but where`s the update for OME?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 11th, 2015 09:00

This link may change as they seem to be testing the file promotion, so keep an eye on delltechcenter.com/ome over the next week for the official announcement.

Thanks,

Rob

336 Posts

September 11th, 2015 10:00

Rob, it seems very odd to me that Dell would set it up so that every OME install tells the user that a new version is available even though the "official announcement" hasn't been made and the necessary webpages and download links are not available. It only causes aggravation for your users and looks very unprofessional. Why not wait until everything's ready first?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 11th, 2015 11:00

Yes, understand.  I'll pass the feedback along.  I think the file update that broadcasted to the consoles went out early.  It's expected to be posted next week.  I apologize for the confusion.

Rob

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 16th, 2015 11:00

Hi Dan,

Right...so the binary is good to go.  I just wanted to give folks a heads up on the actual URL.  I wasn't sure if it would stay the same or not.  Anyway, it is live now on the download link from delltechcenter.com/ome.  

Thanks much,

Rob

September 16th, 2015 11:00

This link may change as they seem to be testing the file promotion,

Um, isn't this what test/dev/prod environments are for, so that you can test things before they are exposed to your customers/clients?

Sigh.

No Events found!