Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2013 09:00

PE R720 showing up as unknown

Hello,

I have a PE R720 that is showing up as unknown. I have OME set to discover devices individually due to the small number of devices it is monitoring.

I have OMSA installed on the machine I wish to monitor, as well as SNMP set up and configured.

I have checked and verified the SNMP community name (case as well), local firewall is off, and have the below ports open:

• TCP 22 - Linux file transfer and remote commands
  • TCP 135 - Windows file transfer and RMI
  • UDP 161 - SNMP
  • UDP 162 - SNMPTRAP
  • TCP 1311 - OMSA (HTTPS)
The device is still showing up as unknown.
We have to have ports allowed manually, and then only directly to the OME server due to security for the network the R720 is on.
What do I need to do? 
Thanks

12 Posts

August 16th, 2013 09:00

For what its worth, the other machines (on the same or other less-secure networks) have discovery and inventory preforming normally.

2.8K Posts

August 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi Robie,  this is helpful detail.

Let's just try this real quick.  Run the SNMP test from the Dell Troubleshooting Tool (installed on the OME desktop).  Let me know what version of "Server Administrator" is reported in the result set at the bottom.  You need to confirm that info is shown in the result set.

thx!

Rob

2.8K Posts

August 19th, 2013 10:00

Hi,

If I recall, there is an SNMP test on the first page (tab) of the tool.  Let's see what the result set from that test looks like.

Thx!

Rob

12 Posts

August 19th, 2013 10:00

Rob.

What do I need to run within the tool? It gives me 3 tabs and a lot of options on each..

Thanks

12 Posts

August 19th, 2013 12:00

Interesting.

"SNMP

Error The SNMP read request has failed for Get Community name - os_openmanage"

That being said, I have 3 machines and one drive array reporting to it with zero issues.

Also, Openmanage's ABOUT page shows version 1.2.0.3441

2.8K Posts

August 19th, 2013 13:00

Yeah, so for sure, you need to look and be sure that SNMP is correctly enabled on that target (managed node).  services.msc, snmp properties, accept packets, etc....that kind of thing.

Is that all good on the managed node?

thx!

Rob

No Events found!