Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2013 13:00

Re: OME Updates Failing

Hi Guys,

I need some urgent help coz I'm battling with rolling out updates to about 800 dell poweredge models in our company. We running OME 1.1 on Windows 2008 R2 & only rolling out to Windows 2003/2008 servers. Below is a few of the errors I'm getting:

File deploy command failed to execute with error message: Unable to access the specified share on the remote system. Verify your credentials and make sure you have administrative privileges on the target system - using domain account which has admin access

File deploy command failed to execute with error message: The deploy operation failed.  Unable to copy the file to the remote system. - system is available & have full admin rights

It is possible that no update status is reported when parallel software update is attempted for the same server - rebooted target server & ensured nothing else is installing

The operation was not successful because the device buffer write has failed.  Run diagnostics to verify configuration and try again. ???

One or more Update Packages failed during execution, but the update continued running to the end - ???

Any advise would be appreciated.

Deezo

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

August 5th, 2013 10:00

Hi Deezo,

Thanks for the post. It looks like you are trying to send updates using in band (OMSA) mechanism.

Typically these errors are caused by the account not having the permissions for deploying the updates on target systems. Is it possible that the share on the target system is not accesible by the user account used? Can you try using local administrator account on target system to see if you get the same error?

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!