Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2012 06:00

Server Removal Alert

Running OME 1.1.

Is there a way to generate an e-mail alert when a server or other monitored system is removed from or added to OME?  In the past, we've had things disappear, whether by user error or something else. 

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

November 7th, 2012 11:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

I can't think of a way that OME will do this at the moment.

So if a user deletes a device from the device tree you'd like some notification, is that it?

I can send this request along to our product team for consideration in a future release.

Thanks,

Rob

November 7th, 2012 13:00

you *could* remove the ability by limiting the users in the OME Administrators group.  

21 Posts

November 12th, 2012 07:00

Well, problem is I've seen what appears to be servers disappearing from the list without being deleted.  This has happened going back to ITA.  I did just notice one in OME 1.1 today.  It was in the discovery range, and after restarting OMSA & SNMP on the server, I re-ran discovery & inventory, and it reappeared in the list.

327 Posts

November 12th, 2012 08:00

Multiple things to note:

When a server is discovered using SNMP, if OMSA and/or SNMP on the managed server is not running, then server will be listed under "unknown" group as long as, OME is able to ping the device.

If OME is not able to ping the device, then the server will NOT be shown in the device tree.

In OME 1.1,  a Windows server can be discovered via WMI, Linux server can be discovered using SSH protocol. even without OMSA/SNMP running. Health monitoring will not be supported without OMSA.

Thanks,

Raj Shresta

26 Posts

November 13th, 2012 10:00

I get a similar problem.

I will have random servers just disappear. I then get a system is down message in the logs, every hour when the status check occurs.

If I manually Rediscover and Inventory the system it will return to normal status and I stop getting the system is down message. I don't have to change any settings or restart any services on either the missing server or the management station. I did not see this until I upgraded to OME 1.1.

At one time I was missing 10 - 15 servers. So I removed all my servers and re added them to see if that helped. It took care of most of my issues but I just had 2 servers that disappeared last night.

Mike

327 Posts

November 13th, 2012 11:00

Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. By saying servers randomly disappeared, did you mean that the device was not listed under "All Devices" tree ? Did you happen to check "Unknown" group as well ?

Please 800-945-3355 to get a quick resolution on this issue.

Thanks,

Raj Shresta

26 Posts

November 13th, 2012 14:00

Yes, the device was not listed in All Devices or Unknown. Once I re-ran the Discovery it reappeard under the Servers group. I got all the server to show right now but if it happens again I will call. This has happened twice since I upgraded to OME 1.1 to different servers each time.

26 Posts

November 14th, 2012 06:00

I am opening a case now I lost at least one server from OME last night.

21 Posts

November 29th, 2012 08:00

Any resolution to this on your open case?

No Events found!