Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

February 12th, 2019 05:00

Two servers showing unknown state

I have 2 Dell poweredge 2950s running OMSA Version 7.4.0. I am running OME V. 2.5. 

I have been searching and trying different solutions, but cannot seem to find one that works. One of these servers initially showed up as healthy, but now is showing unknown. Using SNMP to scan on monitor. Both of these servers are set to the same snmp setting as all my other servers that are showing up correctly. I have tried rebooting, as well as deleting their discovering ranges and re-adding them. 

Troubleshooting tool is saying: "The SNMP read request has failed for Get Community name-public."

I am able to remotely access OMSA on these servers. I tried to install the OMSA patch 7.4.0.1, but got an error stating it could not complete. Had to reinstall OMSA 7.4 to remotely connect again.  

Any help would be great.

Thank You,

February 12th, 2019 05:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

The SNMP community name/string is case sensitive. Please ensure it perfectly matches in OME discovery range with what is being set on the server under SNMP settings. Along with this, please also ensure there is no firewall between OME and the servers blocking SNMP packets.

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

February 12th, 2019 07:00

The snmp/name string are matched perfectly. I checked with another server that is working, are the ports appear to be the same. Is there a specific port that you know of that I should check and make sure it is open? I know I know 161 and 1311 opened for OME. Are there any more that would need to be checked?

Thank You,

February 12th, 2019 19:00

161 is the port for SNMP.

Can you try some other SNMP tool to check it works fine from OME system to unknown server? Troubleshoot tool is indicating a problem and OME would also not work.

No Events found!