Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2012 10:00

Unable to run commands remotely

Greetings,

I have a new OpenManage Essentials installation I am trying to get up and running on our network.

I have created a set of tasks that I need to run remotely to configure some settings (for the below example I was using the Remote Server Administrator command 'racadm config -g cfgIpmiLan -o cfgIpmiLanEnable 1'), however I get the following error for 90% of my servers:

Results: Unknown error returned from the WMI Create Method of win32_process.

Googling has returned no information so far as to what could be causing the error, but I am running the command on a mix of Windows Server 2003 and 2008 R2 servers.
Any ideas?

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

June 28th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

A quick question, when you are creating the task, are you selecting task type as "Remote Server Administrator Command" or "RACADM Command Line". Looking at the command, you want to run the RACADM command but the post mentioned Remote Server Administrator command so just wanted to confirm.

You can try choosing "RACADM Command Line" as the type if you haven't done so and let us know the results.

Regards

Abhijit

12 Posts

June 29th, 2012 07:00

Greetings,

When I tried the RACADM Command Line command I get the following error:

Execution Summary: The task is not supported for the target device

Results for Target: No Details Available

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

June 29th, 2012 08:00

Thanks for the updates.

RACADM commands run on the DRAC/iDRAC of the servers. You will have to make sure that the iDracs for those servers are discovered and use those as targets.

Regards

Abhijit

12 Posts

July 2nd, 2012 09:00

Greetings,

I am actually getting this error for any remote task I run, be it racadm or omconfig command, but it seems to be random as I have a few servers that it runs successfully on. For the servers that error out I get the following error:

Execution Summary: The task failed for the target device.

Results: Unknown error returned from the WMI Create Method of win32_Process

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

July 5th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for the updates. It is possible to get this error if the command is run against a target which doesn't support it. We are looking at an option where inapplicable targets for a specific task type do not show up in the task wizard. It will be implemented in the future versions.

For now, you might have to select appropriate targets and task types(servers for OM commands and iDracs for RACADM commands). You will also have to use appropriate task type(RACADM type for racadm commands) That will most likely prevent this error from occuring.

Regards

Abhijit

12 Posts

July 6th, 2012 09:00

I am using the appropriate targets for the task type (OM command) and am getting this error for all of the devices I am trying it on.

Is there any logging information I can send that can show that I'm not running this against DRAC/iDRAC cards?

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

July 6th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. In that case only thing to verify would be to check if you have OMSA installed on the targets and if you are using valid credentials. Can you try troubleshooting tool to check if your WMI credentials are working against the targets by selecting WMI protocol and targeting on of your servers.

Regards

Abhijit

12 Posts

July 17th, 2012 08:00

Just fyi this appears to have been a problem on our domain with certain accounts running the installation.

I've tried with a different domain admin account and it works fine now.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

July 17th, 2012 08:00

Thanks for the update. Do let us know if you have any other feedback.

Regards

Abhijit

No Events found!