Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2012 11:00

Who's using the MIB Import Tool

Hey folks,

The MIB import tool has been out there a few weeks.  Let's get some feedback.  

Has anyone made use of it yet?

What MIBs have worked for you?

Did you create new email alert rules for these new SNMP traps?

Let me know how it's going.

Rob

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

April 27th, 2012 15:00

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

May 18th, 2012 11:00

bump!

12 Posts

July 16th, 2012 06:00

Rob,

I have tried to use the tool to import the INTELLAN.mib to define the ".1.3.6.1.4.1.343.2.7.2.3.1.1.1 Trap Ids:Generic:6 Specific:1; (;0=19;1= )" trap.  Unfortunately it tells me that the MIB has already been imported.  Would importing this MIB and replacing the existing MIB solve the problem?  If so, then it would be nice to have the ability to replace a loaded MIB.

Also, it would be nice if the tool would parse the MIB into an easily readable format to verify the contents.

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

July 16th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Currently the MIB import tool doesn't allow importing of MIB if it is already present in OME as part of install. This does prevent you from replacing the older MIBs which are carried with OME with a newer version.

If it is a MIB you have loaded after OME installation, you can try the Remove MIB option in the tool.  

We will take a look at these request for future release of the tool.

Regards

Abhijit

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 15:00

I just downloaded and installed the tool and when trying to import, I'm getting a message saying "You do not have permissions to modify the OpenManage Essentials database.  what gives?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

Hi there.

Did you install it on the same box as your OME server?  If you are logged in the same way you are for running OME you should be ok.

Rob

2 Posts

I did and I'm logged in with the same account I use to manage OME.  I haven't restarted the server yet though.  Is it necessary?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

August 6th, 2012 08:00

restart should not be needed?

hmmmmm....

Did you do a custom or default install for OME?

Are you using a local or remote SQL database?

thx

Rob

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

August 7th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Can you check if you are using OME version 1.0.1.1253? The version information is available by clicking the About link on top right. OME creates the user groups when it is run for the first time after installation. The same groups/permissions are used by MIB import tool later. Just want to make sure you have started OME on that server before running MIB import tool.

Regards

Abhijit

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

August 7th, 2012 07:00

I can't think of a good reason that you might be seeing this error.  It would be good if you can open a ticket on this and maybe the support guys can help get more detail around your environment (800-945-3355 ).

Thanks,

Rob

2 Posts

August 17th, 2014 19:00

Nevermind. Fixed. 

ODBC settings weren't configured correctly by the installer for some reason.  Went into Control Panel, Data Sources (ODBC), under authentication, updated the DSN to connect with Windows NT authentication instead of blank server authentication which is what it was originally set to.

2 Posts

August 17th, 2014 19:00

Running into the same issue.  The OME system (v 1.3) is running Windows 7 with SQL Server 2008 R2.

Login attempts aren't showing on the SQL logs, so I assume the connection to the DB is misconfigured somewhere?

Any suggestions for a fix? 

52 Posts

August 19th, 2014 07:00

Hi Rob, I would hate for you to think nobody has this working or finds it useful... we certainly do!

Backup-Exec-MIB (Symantec)
CMC-MIB (Riverbed)
CONTROLLER-MIB (Riverbed)
PowerNet-MIB (APC)
STEELHEAD-MIB (Riverbed)
TapeAlert-MIB (HP?)

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

August 21st, 2014 10:00

Hi and thanks for adding to this thread.  We really like to know what MIBs folks have been using as it helps other users out as well.

Best regards,

Rob

No Events found!