Start a Conversation

Unsolved

12 Posts

February 19th, 2019 10:00

DRM 3.1 Smart Deployment Scripts

I have created my customized Linux repository that I've used to create a working Smart Bootable ISO. I'm attempting to use the Smart Deployment Script to change settings in the BIOS, but I can't find any reference as to the filename(s) for the Pre and Post scripts, nor any reference as to the scripting language(s) supported.

I have a PERL and a BASH script that I can run manually, using the RACADM utility, but I would like be able to role it all up into a single ISO for maintaining consistent Configuration Management of our systems.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

29 Posts

October 4th, 2019 11:00

Hi Randall,

For Smart deployment scripts, there is no restrictions in using some standard filenames or specific scripting languages.

The filename and scripting language can be used as per your convenience.

If you want to run your script before Smart deployment execution, script should be selected using Pre-script option.

If you want to run your script post execution of Smart deployment, select your script from Post-script option.

Also, both the options can be used to run your custom scripts before and after smart deployment.

Let me know if this clarifies your query.

Thanks,

Senthil

Dell EMC

#IworkforDell

March 23rd, 2020 14:00

Thank you, Senthil_N.

My problem is NOT being able to generate a SmartBootableISO from the DRM that INCLUDES my script to configure the BIOS settings using the DRM Export Tool.

The Smart Deployment option only generates a folder with all of the BIN files, xml files, and the linux scripts that install the BIN files and configure the BIOS settings.

How do I use that Smart Deployment folder to create a Bootable ISO?

Thank you.

No Events found!